Feeler: A “Pod” of Pultecs… ezP-1A, ezMEQ5 and ezHLF-3 for Christmas

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know yet... not bothered working that out.... will do soon..... but I expect that it would be significantly less than a vintage one ....

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

berkleystudios said:
whats the estimated cost of that filter?

We have decided to do complete kits with everything included (PCB, components, knobs, hardware, metalwork, wiring etc.... every part required).

There will be 2 options available for the ezHLF-3 filter (with or without input/output  transformers).

The non-transformer version kit will be GBP 289.00 (or GBP 269.00 each for 2 kits)... basically like a Pultec HLF-3C
The transformer version kit will be GBP 359.00 (or GBP 339.00 each for 2 kits).... as above but includes Carnhill 600R:600R input and output transformers.

The ezP-1A kit will be GBP 529.00 (or GBP 499.00 each for 2 kits).

Prices exclude freight and VAT (if applicable).

Metalwork will be as shown in the photograph at the beginning of the thread (cream with black text).

It will be a few weeks yet as we have to wait for all the parts to come in stock...

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

jplebre said:
No MEQ? :(
Would there be an option of no case? :)

Yes the ezMEQ5 will also be done soon.... the only kit option will be a full one.... but you will be able to buy just the blank PCB from Gustav and we will have some of the other parts in the on-line store anyway (eg Carnhills).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Slenderchap said:
jplebre said:
No MEQ? :(
Would there be an option of no case? :)
you will be able to buy just the blank PCB from Gustav and we will have some of the other parts in the on-line store anyway (eg Carnhills).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Brilliant! I was hoping to do a full "channel" with the P1 and MEQ's, hopefully 2.

Nearly finished with R&D ....

big_pod_of_pultecs_-_small.jpg

Just a couple of ezMEQ5's to go.... they should be done this coming week.

Built an ezP-1A the other day.... took 1Hour 51 minutes .... from a blank PCB to a fully finished unit...

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Slenderchap said:

Built an ezP-1A the other day.... took 1Hour 51 minutes .... from a blank PCB to a fully finished unit...

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

drooooollllll they look awesome!!!!  :'( :'(

Oh my good God!!!!  :eek:

I'm in for a pair of ezP-1A's. And then the rest!! I will have to start putting some pennies away for  a complete 'stereo set".

A couple of question if ok.

1. ETA?
2. Will they be available from the AML site or White Market?
3. Will you carry on stocking them till the end of the year. (Its going to take me a while to afford it all.) 

Amazing stuff Colin, I am extremely excited!!!

Slenderchap said:

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

what the unit third from the bottom???

Rockitdog said:
1. ETA?
2. Will they be available from the AML site or White Market?
3. Will you carry on stocking them till the end of the year. (Its going to take me a while to afford it all.) 

1] ETA will be 2-3 weeks..... we may take "pre-orders" shortly...... initally there may be lead times while we sort kitting out or if demand exceeds supply.... just in the process of creating the build instructions at the moment.
2] AML site.
3] That is the plan..... first ones will have engraved faceplates... eventually I expect they will be only screenprinted.

I am hoping to do a time lapse video as well just to show that you can make a Pultec in less than 2 hours.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Latest posts

Back