Feeler: A “Pod” of Pultecs… ezP-1A, ezMEQ5 and ezHLF-3 for Christmas

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slenderchap said:
Gearsef said:
So are they shipping?

Yes they are shipping.... if you send me an email I can tell you when your order is scheduled to be shipped.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Hey Colin,

I already mentioned it earlier in this thread but the links to the build instructions for the EQP-1A as well as the MEQ5 on your website do not work  :-\

Dr Gris said:
They look great, congratulations!!!

Will there ever be 2RU versions (I know, I'm a wimp...)?

//M

same here, im so interested, but a full Stereo set will take 12u  :-X

Colourbook links are now fixed.

The reason I made it 3U was because it looks so much better in that size (in my opinion)..... you can of course build it in any box you want with a power switch as well ..... even allowing for the extra cost of a chassis it is still a fraction of the price of a real one (or clone)....

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Received my ezMEQ5 and ezP-1A box this afternoon. 

Wow! Really nicely packaged. Amazing front panels. I'm a very happy man.

Thanks Colin! Amazing kits! Cant wait to get home to start putting these Beauties together.  ;D

Built my two ezP-1As last weekend. Because of my job and restructuring my studio I could just fire them up yesterday. Everything worked on the first start and they sound absolutely stunning!!! I will definitely go for the other kits in the future too ;-)

But I'm still wondering when the ezHLF-3 will be available?!

Gearsef said:
Built my two ezP-1As last weekend. Everything worked on the first start and they sound absolutely stunning!!! .....

.... I'm still wondering when the ezHLF-3 will be available?!

Glad you like them.

There are some ezHLF3 cases and a handful of PCB's coming within the next 2 weeks.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Hi Colin,

I've basically finished building two ezP-1A units, but need instruction regarding the lack of the 115/230V switch. On the board the holes where the switch should be are labeled 1-6 (see picture). I assume that it is simply a matter of bridging two sets of holes together to get either 115V or 2230V. I think I know which ones, but rather than speculating, could you please post the answer? Thanks in advance.

Also, these do live up to their name. Very EZ to build. I've done Lego projects with my 4-year-old son that were more difficult than this. I've finished two of these and the weekend isn't over yet  …and I spent most of the day yesterday going to my kids' soccer games. Can we really call this DIY?

I had considered buying a pair of 500-series EQs based on the Pultec design, but the ezP-1A units were even less expensive, and, of course, closer to the real deal. Thanks for offering them.

Kindest regards,
Scott

Attachments

• ezEQ.JPG
    ezEQ.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for the tip, JSteiger.

I fired these units up this evening and they both worked right off the bat. Sounding good on acoustic guitar. No appreciable self noise, even with the boost on maximum. I couldn't detect any hum, even with 60 cycles at max boost.

The other thing worth mentioning is the high quality of the case. It it very sturdy.

Bottom line: I'm super pleased. Thanks again, Colin.

Glad it was easy and worked first time. The missing mains switches went out last week so you should get them shortly..... good to know you are "super pleased".

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Gearsef said:
Built my two ezP-1As last weekend. Because of my job and restructuring my studio I could just fire them up yesterday. Everything worked on the first start and they sound absolutely stunning!!! I will definitely go for the other kits in the future too ;-)

But I'm still wondering when the ezHLF-3 will be available?!

There are a small number of ezHLF3's kits available now.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Hi Colin,
would you care to please explain the resonance behaviour of the ezHLF3 again?
Does the resonance occur in a full "Pod" configuration, or is the resonance not meant to occur at all?
Thanks  ;)

Thanks Pieter!

So how do I get it to always behave like the green line depicts?
Is there still a way to add the parts to the PCB or has the layout changed since then?

Regards,
Jonas

Latest posts

Back