(Feeler)AKG C-12 and 251 Vintage style piont to point boards for Apex 460

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you water jet cut the plastic? The edges look frosted.
If so sometimes grit can be embedded at the cut edges.

It was milled... The acrylic l used in the 251 proto was a non glare semi frosted acrylic which is why it looks frosted ;)

Here's the 12 with the Tc capsule installed..
o-p-r-c12-ulux-tc.jpg

OPR said:
Can you post a picture of your pcb layout?

Are your referring to the Apex PcB? Or the Acrylic P to P board?

Yes, the Apex PCB, and also pictures of the shootout.

Surprised at the vast tonal difference between the P2P and the Apex. The mic positioning sounds different.

I didn't take Photos...both mics were head to head with the source about a meter away. I agree they do sound very different so will repeat the test with some pics to make sure nothing was off... The Aphex PCB Is Just you typical Apex PCB layout but with mods to make it closer to the 251.

This is an observation, not a criticism...

The version with plastic rings shown in 'skeleton' form at the top of this page is eerily reminiscent of the Genesis probe in Star Trek !!:The Wrath of Khan!

Guess it is time for sleep.

Cheers
Mac

The version with plastic rings shown in 'skeleton' form at the top of this page is eerily reminiscent of the Genesis probe in Star Trek !!:The Wrath of Khan!

Guess it is time for sleep.

I dont know what your talking about! ;) I'm more of a starwars type...  ;D I though it looked a bit more HR Giger..

Thanks for the samples!

For this kind of thing I prefer the less scooped sound of the 251. Nice tone and character, too. I want one  :p
Nothing wrong with the 12, mind.

Getting there sorry for the delay! Busy times as a fist time father ;) Baby permitting We should be good to go in the next two weeks! 8)

Back