(Feeler)AKG C-12 and 251 Vintage style piont to point boards for Apex 460

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPR

I've been working on a prototype for the plastic ring skeleton of the original c12 for easy and accurate implementation into the Apex 460 body. This will enable the point to point wiring of original.. So I'm putting the Feelers out to see if anyone would be interested. please let me know so I can get an idea of numbers to get manufactured and listed in the white market.  Please feel free to make suggestions or express your interest.  I am waiting on Turrets at the moment to get the prototype finished which I should have done in the next two weeks (Baby Permitting!)  Here's a few pics to wet your appetite! I will also be working on an ELA M 251 style Plastic point to point board in the near future.
Shoot me a PM or email
[email protected]

c12-terminals.jpg

opr-c12-ulux-1.jpg

opr-c12-ulux-2.jpg

opr-c12-ulux-4.jpg

Thanks! :) I've always loved the look of that point to point circuit! The material for this prototype is UV stabilized
cell cast acrylic.

Depends on price, and if you have instructions (I'm not a DiY expert yet). C12 is definitely my second mic build, though. Just waiting on my capsule to get a bit closer before I order the rest of the parts.

I'll put a photo instructional together once it's done.  ;)

I'm not sure what the price would be as this prototype is 50% hand at the moment made so it would depend on how it's supplied and the quantity.

ie. I could cut just the Plexiglas rings and supply templates for drilling and Turret installation for the user to do them selves, which would be cheaper and less labor intensive  for me or I could supply the rings drilled and pre-loaded and ready to go any preferences?

Also any suggestions for a price point ?

I like the P to P very open.
Are you using a T14 trans, 6072, and what capsule? Do you modify the stock Power Supply?
I'd like to hear a comparison to Madador's P.S.B.

I like the P to P very open.
Are you using a T14 trans, 6072, and what capsule? Do you modify the stock Power Supply?
I'd like to hear a comparison to Madador's P.S.B.

I'm using Ami T/14 Electroharmonicx,6072 and the PSU is modded to supply the -1v to the grid.
The capsule is a Chinese Ck12 type with 6um diaphragm.  I think?  and are what Blue, AA microphones, Ami etc are selling(correct me if I'm wrong!) but My Tim Campbell capsules are on there way so I'll run another test with them  when I get a chance.

Attachments

• C12 style capsule.jpg
    C12 style capsule.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 17
Back