Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
Is it with or without psu?

Actually I would need two gt-2b without and one mk-47 with psu. Any chance for it?

If a mic body group buy ever got off the ground I would absolutely be in for an MK47 body and if available a psu as well.

Here's another feeler topic for pretty great microphone bodies:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=64260.0

I still have 4 unclaimed capsules:

2x K47
2x CK12

Don't want to split them as they're already packed, but best offer takes the lot!

Minimum is CHF 122,60  to refund shipping from China and original buyer. Send PM with offer.

Banzai said:
I still have 4 unclaimed capsules:

2x K47
2x CK12

Don't want to split them as they're already packed, but best offer takes the lot!

Minimum is CHF 122,60  to refund shipping from China and original buyer. Send PM with offer.

Offer sent by PM  ;)

Hi, does anyone have good measurements of a couple capsules? My meter's giving me about 180-200pF on each, which seems a bit high.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i just need a little confirmation.

On the CK12 capsules, did any of you guys need to remove the backplate wires, and move them to the next hole over, in order to be able to mount the capsule into a saddle?

Only now have i finally gotten around to giving them a good look, and out of the three threaded holes in each half of the backplate, the wires seem to be screwed into the middle ones.

Khron said:
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i just need a little confirmation.

On the CK12 capsules, did any of you guys need to remove the backplate wires, and move them to the next hole over, in order to be able to mount the capsule into a saddle?

Only now have i finally gotten around to giving them a good look, and out of the three threaded holes in each half of the backplate, the wires seem to be screwed into the middle ones.

Don't forget one of the backplate wires is extra. You can remove one entirely.

Yes, I also removed the (two) backplate connections in order to fit the saddle/mount.
Then I used another free hole to make a new backplate connection.
(Strange guys, those Chinese, with their "two backplate connections"  ;D )

Just for kicks, i finally got around to measuring a few of my mics today. Interestingly enough, there doesn't seem to be a lot of low end under 100Hz, but for all i know, that may well be a measurement artifact (position of speaker and/or mics within the room, room modes / standing waves etc.).

I ended up having to change the backplate-tab connection screw on the CK12-equipped mics, with some longer ones, since the ones i had used apparently hadn't reached deep enough into the holes (beyond the blue insulating "rings" that are under the yellow mylar tape) to make contact with the actual metal backplate.

Regardless, in the attached screenshot are the graphs for the three BM800 bodies, with my "modded Schoeps" circuitry and CK12 capsules. Just for the hell of it, i matched the electronic components between the three mics as tightly as possible (resistors, caps, Idss of the JFETs and the hFE of the PNP's), so the differences visible should pretty much be the capsules only.

The dip in the 6-8k range may well be some standing-wave issue within the headbasket itself - the inner finer mesh layer is removed, so only the outside coarser grill is left. That being said, i must say, the inter-capsule matching, considering they ended up around 30e a piece, is nothing short of impressive ;D Way, way under 1dB differences across much of the range - around 0.4-0.6dB difference in the 1-2kHz range, growing to a worst-case of 1.2dB or so in the 16kHz area.

PS: The measurements were referenced to a calibrated EMX-7150 measurement microphone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-11 19.03.10.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-11 19.03.10.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Back