Feeler: Ela M 251 Clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot said:
Hello Everyone,

Hope this is OK to post here. I have just asked Veronica about the possibility of doing a group/bulk buy of Beesneez ELAM 251 bodies (identical to their Tribute 2 mic body). We are still to iron out details re costs, postage and minimum numbers etc but Veronica has offered them for a significant discount off usual list price. Additionally, if we get back to her in the next couple of weeks, then the ETA for shipping would be early October.

So please keep an eye out for a feeler thread in the white market soon with updated details.

The information regarding this can now be found at the end of the Beesneez capsule thread in the white market.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=52326.msg681964#msg681964

Cheers,

Matt

Can't find this info.  Did it get removed?
Best,
Bruno2000

Can anyone describe your subjective impression of the differences in sound between the C12 and the ELAM 251?
Like, if one was only going build one, which would it be, and why?

Winetree said:
Will the P.S.B. kits include the Power Suppy boards like Madador's C-12 kit.
Same HT-11A Modified Power Supply?
Besides AC701, what tube 5840, or what?
Will there be a parts kit? or will Chunger's C-12 parts kit work?
Making decisions to build a pair.

Yeh Same HT11A PS
I haven't gone into AC701 replacements yet.. I'm probably going to use a AC701 for mine.
I wasn't planning on doing parts kit, I was going to put together a mouser BOM
Chunger's parts are different values as per C12 schematics.

JessJackson said:
Winetree said:
Will the P.S.B. kits include the Power Suppy boards like Madador's C-12 kit.
Same HT-11A Modified Power Supply?
Besides AC701, what tube 5840, or what?
Will there be a parts kit? or will Chunger's C-12 parts kit work?
Making decisions to build a pair.

Yeh Same HT11A PS
I haven't gone into AC701 replacements yet.. I'm probably going to use a AC701 for mine.
I wasn't planning on doing parts kit, I was going to put together a mouser BOM
Chunger's parts are different values as per C12 schematics.

Interested in your AC701 journey. I have had several go through my world.  Actually have 4 in my possession now. I keep those for the Mics I own with them, just in case of needing to replace one. So in short if you find a quantity of them I would be interested in jumping on a group buy situation. But be careful as most of the ones for sale are no good for mic use. Sadly it is a case of the good ones are probably all gone.

I have had really good results with 5840 tubes and they cost hundreds less.

Ok so I feel we are there now.

Added another tube board for those who want to use the other side of the tube.
Cathode bias cap/resistor is mounted to rear of tube board.
6 volts from heater used for switching relays.

Going to have these boards printed up and test them asap. I'll document the build.

ELAM251MicPCBFinal_web.png

ELAM251PowerPCBFinal_web.jpg

I'm in for a pair, have you looked into a quote from Real-PCB in the White Market? They seem to be trying to offer competitive prices.

Hi Jess,
I saw your comment in poctop's thread: "I do think maybe take a look at our last design (version 6.5) as this was the closest i feel to perfection in utilizing the relays."

I am sincerely curious about what you were planning and I've been trying to map out how your most recent circuit board design utilizes the relays.

The Cardioid seems obvious.

I can find a route for Omni if I consider that the switches are energized in Relay 1 and Relay 3 simultaneously, but they don't seem to be wired to switch simultaneously.

I can't find any solution for the Figure 8 pattern.

It doesn't seem as if Relay 2 is actually doing anything in the circuit.

What am I missing?

???

Thank You.

Hi Jess,
I'm still hoping to get some insight regarding your idea of a relay switch that comes close to perfection.

???

Latest posts

Back