Finally finished our EP!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

Hi folks,
It's been a while since I posted, but still been lurking some.  It's been a busy year.  I started a new school-the Rattletree School of Marimba , and a new band - Kupira Marimba, but the most exciting news for me is that I finally finished my new EP for my main band, Rattletree Marimba.  It was a really great journey because the band was really tight and has been playing the songs for a long time, so instead of going deep into the rabbit-hole of picking apart every detail, we just went in and recorded the five songs in two days.  We got most tracks done in one or two takes.  Then three days to mix and we were done.  We recorded at Same Sky Productions.  David and Andre were both super great engineers to work with, and it was so cool having two engineers there so if one got tired they just traded off.  I feel like I really connected with a great team in this project, and I look forward to working with them in the future.

This was also the first time I spent the money going to a great mastering engineer (Terra Nova Mastering), and man what an amazing experience that was getting to sit in on that session.  I am now convinced at the benefit of mastering. 

We are going to be manufacturing in a couple weeks, but if any of you guys are interested in picking up a digital download now, you can get one at our indiegogo campaign.  We are crowd sourcing the funds, and $5 gets you a copy of the digital and more gets you more stuff.

Some of you guys might dig it!  It is Zimbabwean style marimba music (all instruments are hand-built by me), and the marimbas have piezo triggers that go through a DIY audio-MIDI converter and then trigger synth sounds, etc, on the computer live. 

Latest posts

Back