Finally the long awaited microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissugar

Finally the long awaited microphone is here. The Stephen Paul mic:

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=136229

Maybe Alan Hyatt from can give us more details.

chrissugar

[quote author="Gus"]I am on the waiting list I got on it early.[/quote]That's just too cool! I was hoping you were going to get one!

[quote author="Flatpicker"][quote author="Gus"]I am on the waiting list I got on it early.[/quote]That's just too cool! I was hoping you were going to get one![/quote]

Yeah, I am sure he will take it apart even before taking chance to listen to it. :green: :green: :green:

It's not out yet. I just got done talking with Tony Merill for about a half hour. Very nice man. Worked with Stephen for the last zillion years. says the list is at about 200 people, dosen't know when it is coming out, has to ask Alan.

sp_3.jpg

darn camera wasn't set to autofocus! oh well, going back tomorow.
slick selector for switching between four modes. dosen't use a cap for the pad, so there is less loss of detail with the pad in. the led current draw was a consideration, as it probably draws mmore juice than the mic itself. it has a ldr in it that automatically decreases the led if the studio lighting is dark so it dosent distract the singer. cool or what?

sp_2.jpg

[quote author="Marik"]Yeah, I am sure he will take it apart even before taking chance to listen to it...[/quote] :wink:

[quote author="cjenrick"]It's not out yet. I just got done talking with Tony Merill for about a half hour. Very nice man. [/quote]

Tony is the BEST! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ah ethics If I get one I will look inside : however I don't think i will post anything except how it sounds.

One of these days I hope to pack my car up with alot of my microphone a spend a day at a recording studio testing them with others last count over 50 microphones .

The stuff I post is often older stuff that is a copy or a bad design in some way. I posted the brauner VM1 when I noted it was nothing more than a u67 gain stage without the feedback. I is my understanding some mods for the u67 are removing the feedback/ filter network.

The Rode postings are because I think there are alot of Rode NTKs that people might want to improve.

Latest posts

Back