Focal Solo 6be monitor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nOw

I’ve had this strange loud crackling hiss coming from one of my Focals. I sent it to the only Focal certified technician in my country who decided it was the tweeter amp and replaced it. Two weeks later the noise came back with no input connected. He suggested replacing all the electronics which I did not agree to since it would cost $1000. Focal wrote to me and said it is not protected from the 4g/5g networks. The other monitor has had no such interference only the one which used to come and go. After 3 months of no problems, the noise came back this time it is constant. I even tried it in a different location and it still made noise. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I could be wrong, but i've got a hunch triple-posting might be against the rules (or at the very least, frowned upon). And there's not that much point in posting about the same problems in three different threads...

Last edited:
Theres been a lot of complaints about SMPS powered monitors over the years here ,
Even prestige marques like the Neumann KMH dont last that long .
We sold the Alesis M1's back in the day and had a lot of comebacks on that product within the warranty period or soon after . The Behringer truth monitors I got well over 20 years ago are still working perfectly , Ive seen many Smps powered monitors come and go in that time ,

I could be wrong, but i've got a hunch triple-posting might be against the rules (or at the very least, frowned upon). And there's not that much point in posting about the same problems in three different threads...
Sorry about that. I’m new to the group and wasn’t sure where to post. I assure you that won’t happen again

It's definitely not 4G/G, since it would do it on both speakers.
Now, since noise is always present it's probably much easier to fix.
Unfortunately I think the tech that proposed to replace the whole electronics is not very good at tracing problems.
Where are you based?
I’m in Israel and went to the Focal repair guy from the store I purchased them 7 years ago. I agree with you about interference. It’s a very strange problem that seemed to fly away with the wind and then out of nowhere 3 months later the beast woke up! 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m new to the group and it’s my first posting. Apologies 🙏for not knowing where to land.

It's definitely not 4G/G, since it would do it on both speakers.
Now, since noise is always present it's probably much easier to fix.
Unfortunately I think the tech that proposed to replace the whole electronics is not very good at tracing problems.
Where are you based?
Yes he replaced the tweeter amp as I mentioned which did not solve the issue and costs a lot of money too

Yes he replaced the tweeter amp as I mentioned which did not solve the issue and costs a lot of money too

Then the issue must be further "upstream" (line-level circuitry and/or power supply).

Latest posts

Back