France tries to introduces law preventing police being filmed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rob_gould said:
There will be no more 'your word against mine' because everything will be recorded. 
I don't want to live in a "1984" situation, but people are comparatively powerless next to cops. I live next door to a county sheriff's employee. LSS, he decided he was going to drive me out of the neighborhood because he couldn't control me. Let's just say that the 8 camera surveillance system I installed finally caught him jumping in front of cars to file false assault charges. It was an awful 4 years that cost me over $15,000. I spent many days in a lawyer's office and in the sheriff's office threatening lawsuits. I know more about local/state laws and property lines than I ever wanted to. Like N.W.A. says... F*ck The Police.

There are bad apples in every profession...
Bad when profession takes a lot of responsibility.
Even worse when profession weilds life-and-death power over humans.
See australian special-ops,...or cops all over the world,
regardless of political system...
Power can have a corruptive effect.

I think cops need better training, better pay and independent (functioning) monitoring/control. I hear everybody agreeing on that since about my childhood, but
it never gets implemented... /thinking ???

L´Andratté said:
Power can have a corruptive effect.

This problem is pervasive within this occupation. Many join the police force for this reason. This describes my neighbor and many police officers I've met. Now mix some racism in, and you've got 2020. Good cops who don't rat out bad cops are bad cops.

Latest posts

Back