• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: (10) Ampex Beyer Input Transformers *SOLD*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrippe

GDIY Supporter
This is a lot of ten Ampex part number 4580184-01 input transformers made by Beyer.  Not sure what they came out of*, but all have their mounting nut and decent length leads (the shortest ones are 2" or 5cm).  All are tested and pass audio.  Some leads have cracked insulation, so care must be taken when installing.

* SOLD *

Attachments

• IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 29
RuudNL said:
What is the transformer ratio? (Impedances?)

I don't know.  One winding measures about 1.2 ohms, the other I can't get a reading on with my DMM!  They were apparently used as input transformers for the AG-100, a solid state unit, but I have not found any other info.  Thought they were tube era, so now I'm open to offers price-wise.

From http://recordist.com/ampex/ag100.html
"Input Impedance: 100,000 ohms, unbalanced. Facilities provided for balancing transformer and microphone preamp. Microphone input 50 to 200 ohms. "

Latest posts

Back