G9 at ebay?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafafredd

I´m not sure, but have a look at the front panel....

Looks like someone is making profit with Jakobs work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3748979246

And it doesn't get built untill somebody buys it - delivery is 4-6 weeks after payment...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

what an ass. he didn't even bother changing the front panel graphics. If you compare the pictures between his listing and the gyraf site, you can see that his graphic still says gyraf audio gyratec IX

ju

yeah and he's also selling a 'SMG loop library' for $40, i wonder how many are actually his, or pirated from other sample cds. super lame.

That is a low blow to Gyraf! This guy i sin British Columbia (hey isn't the DIY owner there too? Hmm.....? I wonder! Nah...couldn't be...???

Shame on this person. At leats he could have made his own front end.

We should all leave him messages. Is there a way to leave a public message on eBay so that anyone looking at that article can also see comments?

Plus I would believe that if he has made this unit he probably lurks on this forum!

jim

Despite sharing a set of initials with him, he has absolutely nothing to do with me. What he's doing is precisely what Behringer did to Mackie - we call it 'passing off' - yes, I did spell that correctly... Gyraf Audio should make a formal complaint to eBay about it, at least - just as a matter of principle.

Of course, he could just settle this with the guy and not tell anybody about it - which is precisely what Mackie and Behringer ended up doing. Nobody appears to know the details of their settlement at all, but the Behringer stuff doesn't really look like Mackie kit any more - draw your own conclusions.

Let's see what Jakob says, when he comes. The pic looks like lifted from his site--even the same scale.

2ubepremk1Page.jpg

fukin outrageous!

that pic of the midibox is not even his! but taken from the ucapps gallery of axels' box...

Damn, I wrote this guy and told him to explain himself here. I'm not pleased at all, embarrassed really. I can't beat him up, 2000 miles away. No you don't acquire the GYRAF graphics unless your at the DIY site. Therefore the stupid Canuck must be using the G9 designed by Jacob. Tisk, Tisk. And MUST know about this place. Have I stepped on any ones toes? Therefore He must be registered or a lurker. He also has Fader groups for sale. If they are his design(doubt it) Maybe the GYRAF pic was just something to fill the image for E-Bay but then there is a picture of some Faders from Where I don't know. Anyway he may show up. at first I thought it was the guy from Halifax trying to sell the Altec 1566 copy at something like $1000 USD. Another Canuck. Added some switches, pad phase. Damn, we had better get stricter on Immigration. At a loss for words.

I wonder if this is a scam-I can't imagine many people are actually building that midi controller-that's top work and I think it took that guy months to make.

Joel

Wait I see it says below the picture "may not look exactly like the picture" Aaahhaahhaa!!

WHAT THE HELL??? :shock:

Not only is he ripping off Jakob's G9 and the MidiBox thing, but he probably has never even built either one himself, considering the pictures he uses are also ripoffs!

Shit like this pisses me off to no end... :evil:

Al <--disgruntled.

Hmmm... Maybe it is a total scam--as in, there is not and will never be a preamp to deliver to the seller. The long delivery time quoted might be just to buy him some time to rip off as many people as possible before evilBay finally gets around to shutting him down.

Did anyone read about the guy who was selling Marshall heads on eBay, but shipping out crates of bricks (or some other heavy material) instead of amps? I was following the story for a while, but I lost interest. Last I heard, he had not been brought to justice yet.

Latest posts

Back