G9 at ebay?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
already let the mb forum know the apple:

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1095443971

i know i havent been checking out this forum very long and i rarely post anything (dont really feel like i have much to contribute yet). I maybe considered a lurker, i didnt really know much about DIY audio until i started reading here but i feel like i have learned a lot from all of you guys (not to mention maybe i will eventually be able to finish a project and have something really cool) I have always come here trying to learn as much as possible in hopes that i can one day design something of my own. It really pisses me off to think that some asshole is trying to screw up what we have going on here. I hope someone screws him over like he is trying to screw everyone else! :evil:

Smgaudio,

I'm extremely offended by this whole thing. I honestly don't believe you when you say you think there's nothing wrong with what you want to do. The fact that you're using the lack of a copyright notice on Jakob's site as an argument, when Jakob was never contacted by you about it, is very telling of the kind of asshole you are. And the prepotence in your "we will profit from that" remark just makes me want to puke.

You, sir, are a scumbag.

Al.

Well, he SPELLS just as badly as Pat, if not worse.

Look out... Here comes CJ! :wink:

(As an aside, will CJ ever tell the story of his dealings with Pat? I must not have been around when that all went down).

[quote author="smgaudio"]The Gyraf has no notice of copyright or patent info that can be found, this means fair game, I was not aware of any copyright info, if any?.[/quote]
Your first mistake. Copyright law where Gyraf is, and copyright law where you are does not require any copyright notice to have full copyright protection. The Bourne convention laws state this in writing. Copyright ownership is automatic with or without any notice.
Also the MidiBox is opensource, and this is clearly stated in the discription.
Correct, but opensource does not mean it is not protected by copyright.
There is an full copyright notice on ucapps.de, a specific direction in the FAQ that for profit use is not allowed.
Just because the copyright notice is in German does not mean it does not apply to you.
These Items will be listed in the future when details are worked out as per copyright and patent info etc.
Speaking on behalf of the MIDIbox community, you won't be offering up any thing MIDIbox for sale, ever. Read this full post before you think about this. Any reason/loophole that you can come up with to justify profiteering from the MIDIbox will be met with simple license changes to make sure you won't be able to do it legally. Notice that there is nobody selling complete MIDIboxes anywhere, and it's not because people have not tried. It's a DIY (Do It Yourself) project, and will not be sold as a complete unit legally, by anyone.

We will profit of that. Their is no questain about it.
There is question of that. The images you used in your MIDIbox post were from a box built by AXEL. Those images reside on my web space protected under the hard to miss copyright notice at the bottom of every page. This means that regardless of AXEL's position on this you have knowingly infringed a copyright that I own. I can sue you for copyright infringement just based on the ebay listing and win. No big deal since you are in Canada and I'm in the US, right? Well, cool, but if you don't show up in court it won't be too hard to get an automatic ruling against you. An infringement judgement against you does not seem like a big deal, but it will be for your future customers, and we'll all make sure they know.

It's important to note that both communities that you attempted to profiteer from are worldwide, so a few of the locals from both are asking me if a personal visit with you is in order. I can only assume these guys want to handle things the hard way (for you). I don't like this way of handling things. Don't misunderstand this as any physical threat from me, it is not, but I want you to know what's up or I'll feel bad when it happens.

Personally I like the approach where I end up costing you a lot of money in legal fees, even if you don't have any money for me to win in court. Spending -your- money is much more rewarding than a good ass kicking for me. My lawyer is on retainer. How's your legal team?

A public statement that you will not ever engage in the sale or resale of anything related to the MIDIbox project will get me off your ass. I can't speak for Gyraff though or the community at the Lab. You will need to make peace with them separately.

So now it's your choice, you can apologize now and dissapear, or get sued.

Your move.

SmashTV

SMGaudio-

Regardless of whatever "legal" bruhaha you decide to back up your argument with, right or wrong, it has been stated many times in the past, along with the very first thing you see on the gyraf.dk website that the projects are for noncommercial purposes. The reasons for this go far beyond wether you or anyone else makes a profit selling these or how much profit they make. As a group we discuss on a regular basis, commercial designs, and have backwards engineered and modified commercial designs for our own use. Manufacturers tolerate this as the creed here has always been non commercial use. The last thing we need as a group is to have some guy making a bunch of noise about our trip here on freaking EBAY as it puts our somewhat smallish and somewhat private community here in jeoporady so you can make a few bucks. We are also lucky to have many professional designers hanging with us, and the last thing we need is to have these guys chased off by an unpopular public opinion of our group in manufacturing circles, they need to make a living too...

Perhaps it will be enough for you to realize that we simply dont WANT you to do this, not for the sake of your pocket, but for the preservation of our group. If you want to ripoff designs and sell them on ebay, thats your business and there are hundreds of schematics online, countless numbers of them which are tube designs from the 50's which you can build for people completely legally. It would seem that that would be the best route for you, as you can still proceed with whatever business plan you have established for yourself while leaving us, as a group, out of your program. I think I can speak for most of us here on that sentiment.

dave

[quote author="mesmer"]This guys a real bummer. SMG, suck my gonads![/quote]

I'd just like to point out that SMG and SMGaudio are different people...

SMGAUDIO = scumbag.
SMG= good guy.

Peace,
Al.

Wow that exploded with a bang. :shock: I think the topic has brought up a load of issues. Lurkers, user names, fair trade etc. Mediators (not me) should get out the old rule book and lay down the Law. I wrote this Ebay member because of my ethics and my dedication to this site. He did respond here as I urged him. SMGAudio in my view has no concept of his wrongdoings. To me the fair use is plan and simple. Profit does occur here and I encourage the R&D that follows after a member sells some boards and developes more "product" either tangable"PCB's"' or intangable like information" use 1/2 watt 10k resistors" or whatever. Thanks for spotting the miss use. I don't applaud the the posts that do not help in creating a resolution but hey I spout off now and then. I would suggest to those dedicated to this group to keep it above the water line. Share and be fair and for some, quit eating the crayons :razz: , we may need them some time later.

We will drop the G9 and MidiBox designs...

SMGAudio:
I think a public apologize would be welcome for our comunity. Gyraf is still silent but I think he will shock when reading the whole topic... If all group members have a sense of attacking our moral and our spirit. I can`t imagine how willbe for Gyraf. Also We all be seeing and investigating your future products, so be sure you use your own designs... I also have my own international lawyer buffet here in Europe and It will be a pleasure to go against you.

Synthi.

[quote author="smgaudio"] These Items will!!! be listed in the future when details are worked out as per copyright and patent info etc. Meny people would like to be able to build these project but dont have the time or abilities. We will profit of that. Their is no questain about it.
[/quote]

:green:
when you sort the details out I hope you come up with a solution to the oscillation problem some people have had.

So some people don't have time or abilities ... :roll: ... that's the whole point of DIY. The people here can help get the ball rolling and once the knowledge is gained they open the door to a much greater and more fulfilling life.

A shame the SMGaudio G9 won't be as good as a Kev built G9.
There is no question about that.
The DIY Factory will have more product than SMGaudio.
The DIY Factory and the LAB have active members all over the world and they all have email and their communication network is very fast.
SMGaudio will have a long way to go to make much of a long term profit from this.
Also remember it looks like this guy is in direct competition with PAT ... or perhaps he is a partner with PAT. Either way , good luck for the future.
... perhaps there is a question about that. :wink:

We will profit of that.
bring it on

from the web site ... I don't know if this is the same group BUT the spelling would suggest so .... :wink:
SMG desires to be obiedent to God commpletly and whole heartedly
SMG desires to be a media/record group that produces music and media with the idea that it is better to worship passionatly for God rather than worship perfectly for God.

I can't think of a better way to absolutely unite the people here at the LAB.
I'm sure this would mend all the old wounds of the closure of Tech Talk. It might just awaken the army that was Tech Talk and Group DIY that are not openly a part of the LAB.

I say again
bring it on :cool:

I apologize for our negligence and problems this might have caused you all. These items will never be posted on ebay or elsewhere again. Again my apologies. My intention was to provide the DIY projects to those who are not able to construct them (while make money of coarse), not cause contention.

Truly,
Allan

[quote author="Viitalahde"]Well,

that's an intelligent post and shows some respect from your side. Maybe the group will be able to work this out with you.

I really would start with something like a RCA BC-2B, prototype it and tweak to the last bit. Then design yer own fancy front panel, engrave it and have a happy product of your own.[/quote]

Yaakko,

Kevin Carter is already doing it, and it is hard to beat him in quality and... he has good name--I never had chance to be dissappointed or ever seen a bad word about him from others.

[quote author="smgaudio"]My intention was to provide the DIY projects to those who are not able to construct them (while make money of coarse), not cause contention.[/quote]

WELL ... :cool:
don't give in now

re-think ... stick around ... listen ... talk ... learn

Try the Black Market section and offer a construction service.
Itemise you services and make things clear.
Offer a ...
"Help I can't make my project work" type of service to those that get stuck. You know there may be more profit in that than trying to out B behringer.

Having the LAB as a project partner is a partner worth having. You might even find the DIY Factory comes on side with you.

good luck for the future

When are they gonna learn! You just don't "F" with The Lab!
The Lab Police WILL get you!
We have eyes everywhere.
Good for the ratings at least!
:razz:

Latest posts

Back