G9 at ebay?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm struggling to figure this one out... If he's built the things (that programmer wouldn't net you much profit at that price IMHO considering parts and labour) why show pictures from other sites? This in turn begs the question - why sell diy projects if you're on-the-scam? Surely a proper crook would build up a modest ebay profile (as he has done) and then go for a biggie like a Fairman EQ or a Manley SLAM?

Why be hung as a lamb when you can be hung as a sheep?

Bizzare :roll:

If this carries on we might have to give thought to making this forum only readable to registered members, at least that way the administrators will have some idea of who's lurking... I don't like the idea btw, but steps will need to be taken, if this carries on we will all lose out as previously stated.

Justin

Well, the listing contained an email address, and there's a website at that URL, so it's easy to figure out who this person is, if not what his username might be on here--if he even has one.

Since he pulled the auction, let's hope that this was just an error of judgment on his part and that he's rectified himself.

And yes, it's starting to look like a good idea to make this forum for registered members only.

You can also configure phpBB to require a confirmation email to be replied to before the account can be used. That way, you can confirm they have a working email address.

That might be pushing things a bit too far, but a lot of other sites require this and for very similar reasons.

The items have been removed from ebay. I apolagize for the disturbance this has caused here. 2 things though. The Gyraf has no notice of copyright or patent info that can be found, this means fair game, I was not aware of any copyright info, if any?. Also the MidiBox is opensource, and this is clearly stated in the discription. These Items will!!! be listed in the future when details are worked out as per copyright and patent info etc. Meny people would like to be able to build these project but dont have the time or abilities. We will profit of that. Their is no questain about it.

Regards,
SMGAudio

The Gyraf has no notice of copyright or patent info that can be found, this means fair game[

Oh, OK, cool then-So guys, I have a bunch of Green Pre's-A@P@I's, and all the Gyraf stuff for sale now-just send me the money and I'll learn how to build them (or maybe ship them out to China) and then get them off to you in...say 2 months each? :roll:

MBira, if thats what you want to do, then do it. I beleive in copyright and patents and so forth. But if if there is are non - why not? What is so wrong with it? I want to follow the legal paths completely, but sometimes this is still not enough for people. And I appreciate Behringer and the likes that bring us products at lower prices. I suggest that Gyraf should get some copyright/patent notices on his DIY site if he does not what things like this to happen.

Well, Jacob is easy enough to get hold of to ask-or did you realize he is one of the moderators of this very forum?

Am I the only one here that chuckled at the concept of Jakob patenting his diy projects? :green: That would be generous, you could spend $xxxxx on patents and then give it to the diy community :roll:

Anyone seen Roger Mielke lately? These guys could get together and give Behringer some competition :grin: Blofeld's cloning den...

Justin

This info is also not copyrighted and easy enough to find:

Allan Phillips (Allan Phillips)
Director for SMG records. And SMG Audio.

Add to contact list

Category: PRO Studios
Zip: V1G 2M2
City: Dawson Creek
Birthday: May 22, 1980 (24 years)

From SMG site:
SMG desires to be obiedent to God commpletly and whole heartedly

SMG desires to be a media/record group that produces music and media with the idea that it is better to worship passionatly for God rather than worship perfectly for God.

The music industry has a tendancy to perfect everything. When they sign new artists/bands, they look for quality first, then they might look at the popularaty of the artist, then lastly they might look at the amount of feeling is in the music. Many Christain music/worship labels follow the same guidlines as their secular conterparts, saddly not becouse of the artist, but becouse meny of the labels are owned by bigger secular labels. The biggest reason this order is taken is due to sales. They figure if the music is not top quality then it wont sell.

Understanding that God desires us to do everthing whole heartedly, and to play skillfully for him. We also understand that worship music is not about the music it is about our hearts responding to God calling us to him. We desire to produce music/media that reflects the true heart of worship, and stirres the listener on to go to that place of intamicy with the Father. We never want to be about doing the best sales or making money, we also dont want to be a label that entertains people.

Damn Christians.

[quote author="tubejay"]More like, damned hypocrits...or Canadians, whichever you prefer! :) :twisted:[/quote]

From the european perspective you could also say: damned americans :grin:

Hey Scumbag-

The G9 was copyrighted 2001-2003. It clearly states that on the front panel layout. That makes you an idiot. I hope your faith isn't as blind. See what you want to see and do whatever you want. I hope a DIYer in Canada sues your ass on behalf of Jakob... if you don't crawl back into your hole.

:thumb:

"If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, GET IT IN WRITING..!!"

William S. Burroughs

oops....this should be in the quotes thread at the brewery.

I suggest that Gyraf should get some copyright/patent notices on his DIY site if he does not what things like this to happen.

Not that I'm a lawyer or anything, but if you've looked at any kind of copyright laws(at least in the U.S. anyway, but I'm sure Canada isn't that different) you would know that you have not a leg to stand on. Whether he has a posted notice or not, he can demonstrate fair use, which is enough in court(I believe). Also, If I'm not mistaken, the picture was of a Gyratec pre which is not a diy design but Jakob's own product for sale. So you're off there too.

As a side note, this feels like abuse of our forum to me, as well as abuse of Jakob's good will. We have a wonderful community here and I hate the feeling that we might lose it again because of one or two morons.

Zach
:evil:

P.S.- God also desires for you to get a spell check. Or a dictionary. It would sure piss me off if the people who were twisting my words for their benefit couldn't even spell 'em right.

What I don't understand smgaudio, is if you want to sell that kind of stuff, what don't you make your own design?
Building a Midi Controller from scratch is not so hard. Maybe a tube mic pre is harder, but I'm not sure that "hand built" midicontroller is something very good, machine can do this better than you! Have you think about the time it will take to make those?
It's stupid, you will loose money, and the buyer(s) too!

And what is even surprising me is that Gyraf already sells his design, and you think you can make them cheaper like berhinger by "hand building" those?

By the way I don't think that the pictures of Axel's midibox is release under GPL :wink:

[quote author="smgaudio"]The items have been removed from ebay. I apolagize for the disturbance this has caused here. 2 things though. The Gyraf has no notice of copyright or patent info that can be found, this means fair game, I was not aware of any copyright info, if any?. Also the MidiBox is opensource, and this is clearly stated in the discription. These Items will!!! be listed in the future when details are worked out as per copyright and patent info etc. Meny people would like to be able to build these project but dont have the time or abilities. We will profit of that. Their is no questain about it.
[/quote]
You appear to have a very scant awareness of the terms of interntional copyright law. I suggest that you read this, and check out the many different versions of it available, all of which will tell you precisely the same thing. Your actions appear to be both illegal and immoral.
SMG desires to be obiedent to God commpletly and whole heartedly
As Samuel Johnson said - "Patriotism (in this case to a very peculiar concept of God) is the last refuge of a scoundel"... seems to fit, somehow.

Latest posts

Back