gar1731 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. On two of my new 1731's I wrongly installed Q7 & Q8 in each others locations. I'm switching them now, but noticed there is now a solder bridge on the PCB between the third pin of Q7 and the adjacent lead of R12 (shown in green circle below). Is that bridge ok or should I scrap this 1731?

Thanks!

Sam

Attachments

• 1731 bridge.png
    1731 bridge.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 21
Potato Cakes said:
Get some solder wick and remove it.

Thanks!

Paul

Sorry, didn't clarify. It looks like the black coating has been etched off there creating an unavoidable bridge. not a solder bridge on top of the black PCB coating.

Thanks Paul

hey Paul,
just pulled a working 1731 from my gssl and tested - i have connection there too. you should be fine. no guarantee tough :)

The black masking is covering copper traces that are part of the design. If there wasn't a copper trace already there then any solder bridge made should be easily removed. Swap the transistors to their correct position and give it a whirl.

Looking at the overlay, that resistor is supposed to be connected to the transistor. You can get a volt meter and check this against Q8 and R13 as those two are supposed to be connected as well.

Thanks!

Paul

Completed my first GAR 1731 (and first ever DOA build) today. It works great in the CAPI VP25 I built over the weekend.
Thanks to Gary for a well-documented kit that was easier to put together than I expected!

Attachments

• DSC05599.jpg
    DSC05599.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
Back