Good morning from Ireland

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry OBrien

Good morning.
My name is Terry. I've been an live sound engineer for 15 years(ish) and I'm currently at the tail end of a Masters in Science in Cork School of Music, part of the Munster Technological University. I have an arts backgroung so I'm very much challenging myself this year with the MSc.
My project for my thesis is definitely a challenge for me. My knowledge of electronics is pretty basic, although I used to service equipment regularly in my last job, so I know how not to get killed. High praise indeed.

My project.
The design, build and test of a dual large diaphragm Mid/Side microphone with decoded three outputs. i.e. Mid, side and decoded side for mid/side to be applicable live. Essentially I want to add a second output to the side capsule with reversed polarity.
So far, this forum appears to be full of knowledgeable people and I feel I will find it very useful going forward. I will publish any of my successes and failures going forward. My thesis is due 17 August.

Thanks for being a resource that is available.
Cheers and happy 4th of July to my U.S. friends on here.

Back