Great British Spring Reverb Clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that I modified my GBS: the reverb tanks were on top of each other, driver coil 1, recovery coil 1, driver coil 2 recovery coil 2.
I noticed that the magnetic field of driver coil 2 was picked up by recovery coil 1, because they were close together.
After I had reversed one reverb tank, this problem was solved.
By the way: it was very difficult to get the metal aluminium plate with the two reverb tanks out, because they were firmly wedged in the PVC pipe.

True ! It was very hard getting them out ... at some point I nearly gave up.
My two tanks are aligned one next to the other, and bolted to a an aluminium sheet, so they are not that close.
The whole design is silent, in my case.

There are surely errors around the recovery input schematic you have drawn - and the biasing arrangement for IC1 - two sets of rail splitter resistors and the way C4 is connected will short much of the audio to ground.
Hopefully just a drafting mistake?

By the way: it was very difficult to get the metal aluminium plate with the two reverb tanks out, because they were firmly wedged in the PVC pipe.
Remove both ends of the from the pipe and then put a piece of timber against the metal edge of the spring tank.

With pipe upright and the timber on the floor push down on the pipe, this will push the springs out of the pipe.

Then do the reverse to get them seated back in.

Back