Greetings from Michigan

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicMaven

Good Day. I am a retired business professional who enjoys all sorts of electronics, especially microphones, home recording, playing mostly bluegrass guitar, and ham radio, especially designing and building antenna systems and ham radio audio accessories. I was a long time product reviewer for microphones and other gear used with computer speech recognition software and was a beta test site for IBM, Microsoft, Kurzeweil AI, DragonSystems, Nuance, ScanSoft and other software producers. I have published a few items in technical magazines, most relevant being a simple microphone circuit that matches and attenuates the high output of an electret condenser capsule to an input expecting the much lower level typically produced by a dynamic performance style microphone, and couple of my antenna design ideas are found on current commercial antenna products. No big deal, but minor success of sorts. I also enjoy photography, especially macro (micro-close-up) photography for commercial clients and personal pleasure. I work cheap, and some of my work appears on commercial sites, but mostly a hobby interest. I also enjoy repairing and building microphones from parts. I sometimes build small custom electronics projects for myself and others. I also like really good bourbon ... in moderation!

I appreciate the open, friendly non-judgmental attitude in the Forums. This seems like a good place for vetting design ideas before prototyping or building a particular project.

Happy trails to all. James

Back