Greyhill switch little end stop things

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

Those of you who are familiar with Greyhill switches will know that the 71 series uses tiny little rods of metal pushed into tiny holes to set the number of positions over which it operates. I have been placing pairs of these pins in some 2 pole 6 way Greyhills and in doing so managed to lose two of them. This means I have none to use on the last switch! I am sure this problem must have happened before. Is there some simple substitute I am likely to have around the workshop that I can use instead or will I be forced to order a pair?

Cheers

Ian

I have a pair I can send you free if you don't have any luck.

Just email me at the info at hairballaudio dot com email.

Mike

Or you can make the stops inserting a needle or something with similar thickness, then cutting it to be flush...done it a couple times.

Silvas said:
Or you can make the stops inserting a needle or something with similar thickness, then cutting it to be flush...done it a couple times.

That is a good one!  I was going to suggest component leg but it seems to weak.

Those silver paper clips seem to do the job when I was doing tests. Then its just a matter of clipping them to a small length and sticky taping it to prevent it from popping out just like the original pins.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers. My first thought was a component lead or a solid core hook up wire but being copper I thought they might bend or break. The needle and paper clip ideas are brilliant - I think my better half has some dress making pins somewhere and if they don't work I'll be emailing Mike.

Cheers

Ian

Edit:  Success!!!!  I just got a dress making pin, one of those with an easy to grip plastic end, and it fits perfectly.  Hard to snip off flush so you have to lift it out a fraction first but other than that it was very easy. Thanks guys.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back