GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also to clarify my post above when I stated that it puts out + or - half volts I'm meaning that the positive side is putting out say voltages like +.892, -.479, +.581  etc...

hi guys

someone use this meter?

bringermeterb.jpg

By ribazigi, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2009-05-11

it´s from http://diypartssupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=3

anyone knows the necessary voltagem to make work the light? maybe 12v?
I try to know whit the seller but not answer... :(

tanks

hi

i read on forum to use the secondery of transformer and after use a resistor to reduce.

but MartyMart did you use this on control board at the same time you have power led install?

ribazigi said:
hi

i read on forum to use the secondery of transformer and after use a resistor to reduce.

but MartyMart did you use this on control board at the same time you have power led install?

No - this VU LED is my power indication :)
MM

I use this meter on one of the units I built and I also use the meter LED as my power LED. I figure, if the meter light is on, its on.

emx said:
Everything looks normal before the regs.  + and - 19 volts on each side of transformer.   + and - 25 volts after the rectifier and before the regs.

Measured with load (i.e. voltages pulled-down to wrong value)? In such case, change regulators and/or make sure they don't overheat.

Jakob E.

ribazigi said:
hi Chrome Heart and MartyMart

who did you wiring? simple connect + and - of meter to the control board led holes?

There is a +,- connection for the meter LED; all you do is connect to the "Power On LED" points on the control PCB. Easy as pie.

Yes, BUT there should be a seperate set of contacts for the meter drive and a set for the LED on the back of the meter. Do not connect both control PCB connections (meter and power LED) to the same contacts on the meter. I dont know what would happen, but whatever it is, you dont want it.

hi guys

i check the voltage and they are perfect 15v and 12v, the meter have light, when i turn off and on the meter move, and make sinal on my interface, when i move threshold rotary switch the meter move (even without sound)...but no sound arrive to my interface.

maybe the 12v regulator?

tanks

oh man im getting so close..

so I got mostly everything wired and ready to drop in my case.  Im throwing in a Turbo s/c in it, and I want it to be switchable.

The instructions say I need a single-pole switch, but I happen to have an extra lorlin rotary switch, but its a 4 pole.  I can still use that right?  Dont need to use all the poles, right?  I kinda feel like i answered my own question in that one, but just want to make sure.. all I would do is hook the S/C input to the Pole (A), and then the lifted 47k resistor routed to (A2), and the return on (A1).  right?

also on the control board,  I put a jumper here right?

jumper.jpg

also, ribazigi, that diagram you have with the red writing on the bypass switch, did you do that so you can have the turbo and the bypass on the same switch?

thanks!

External sidechain help needed.

I have two fully working and exellent sounding units built on different time, the gap was a year or something.

I built the compressor first without external sidechain and added a super sidechain board to the compressor later with low pass filters, thrust and the external sidechain option.

Everything is working fine exept when using external source, the regular audio coming in to the compressor is still added to sidechain but on low level. I mean that the problem is that nothing should be controlling the gain reduction except the signal coming in to the external sidechain input...

please you geniuses, help the stupid engineer to solve the problem.

Wbr,

Vito

Hi mikerisha

i have the same question, but i decide to use single pole switch.

the diagram i use are from this forum, it's not mine, i connect the turbo board like say the manual. but the diagram it´s another way to connect turbo board.

hi Vito Janeiro good luke to your gssl

hi guys

Someone knows a link on this forum that people have the same problem?

my problem:

i check the voltage and they are perfect 15v and 12v, the meter have light, when i turn off and on the meter move, and make sinal on my interface, when i move threshold rotary switch the meter move, i check that sound arrive to gssl...but no sound on outputs.
My gssl have turbo board.

tanks

oh my god, I had a perfectly working gssl with supersidechain, everything fully working for about a week... Next I wanted to install my sifam meter, so I did, also did I hook up an extra led for the supersidechain.. Everything seemed to be working. however I noticed my makeup gain was not responding anymore. So I started with deinstalling the leds and the meter to check where the problem came from, still wisteling and happy with my gssl, suddenly it did not compress anymore, the led for compression "in" not working anymore and the unit stuck in sort of bypass mode... Sounds silly but I have been searching all day but without succes, what could I have screwed up?

for sure the wiring is ok,
al the voltages seem to be ok to,
no compression, just bypass, no compression in Led...

what the hell, somebody please!!!

Latest posts

Back