GSSL part discrepancies.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morob

So I'm almost done building the GSSL. But after soldering the controls on, specifically the rotary switches, something seems off. In the components list, it says to use two 6 position rotary switches, for attack and release. But only attack has 6 positions, whilst release only has 5 positions. Shouldn't one of these switches have been a 5 position switch? I've soldered on the 6 position switch for the release, but I guess one of those positions will lead be unconnected open circuit. There are 2 different components lists that I have been looking at and there seems to be some confusion about these lorlin rotary switches. The list also call for two 3 position switches, but as far as I can tell only one 3 position switch should be used, for the ratio. One component list also calls for a 12 position switch?!?? For what exactly? I've been looking at these two components lists, this one and this one. Also it seems that the trimpots in the lists aren't really used at all in the design.

Last edited:
Shouldn't one of these switches have been a 5 position switch?
A lot of the rotaries come with stops that you can adjust. Maybe it has something to do with that. Idk though. Not familiar with this build.

There were some mods like the Turbo and some other things so maybe there are different boms reflecting things but again,idk...

Someone will have an answer for you. Those help threads are massive...not sure I'd want to go through them..lol

As scott2000 said, there are stoppers on Lorlin type rotaries. Check for correct connectivity between pins after setting it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220907_141544~2.jpg
    IMG_20220907_141544~2.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 0
..please use the dedicated help thread for this project - that way we won't have to answer the same questions again.. :)

No offense, but the help thread is 433 pages long 😂 It would be more helpful and a way easier search if there was a thread for each question 😉

Back