Guest viewing Brewery content?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soundwaves

Tour de France
Staff member
Admin
Someone mentioned guests should not see attachments which I have changed to match the old setup.

With all the discussion about the Brewery, should the Brewery be accessible by guests?

Re:attachments being hidden.

Its a pain in the ass, when you do a search, and find a forum post with attachments you cant view on some obscure forum, that you dont really want to sign up to.

Is there any rationale behind this that I am missing, other than boosting sign-ups?

Re:Brewery

Yes, keep it hidden, we dont want to attract people who are primarily motivated by participation in what goes on in here

2 cents.

Gustav

Probably better to not include Brewery in the "Latest Posts" sidebar or the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" email that's sent out:

Screen shot 2021-05-12 at 12.56.30 PM.png

Blocking the brewery from view for non members sounds a bit like self censorship , making the assumption that anything spoken about in there couldnt possibly be atracting the right sort of people , I think does a diservice to all who contribute , seems a bit like trying to sweep the dirt under the carpet to me .

I think Banzai's suggestion of removing it from the latest posts strikes a fair balance .

Lets be a little more thoughtful and deliberate about making significant changes to how the forum operates... i.e. don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I am hearing comments from people that in some cases apparently didn't know how it already operated.

JR

Blocking the brewery from view for non members sounds a bit like self censorship , making the assumption that anything spoken about in there couldnt possibly be atracting the right sort of people , I think does a diservice to all who contribute , seems a bit like trying to sweep the dirt under the carpet to me .

I think Banzai's suggestion of removing it from the latest posts strikes a fair balance .
Looks like Brewery's been booted from the sidebar (y)

Back