Gun Stats

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattiasNYC said:
Well your precious Chicago PD decided to withhold video evidence of the shooting of Laquan McDonald for over a year,. Not only that, but cops deleted footage from a nearby Burger King. Not only that, but supposedly this Laquan posed a threat.
My precious..... come on, seriously? I can appreciate them increasing their numbers (almost 1k new officers) without owning their past bad behavior. If anything why did liberal/progressive  sweetheart Rahm Emanuel wait so long to take action against street crime (or sit on the inflammatory video until after the last local election)? 

A common thread with a number of troubled cities is liberal local governments, while correlation does not prove causation, it is another data point to consider. Employment and economic opportunity may be a factor. FWIW Chicago was not high on the FBI list for murder rate increases like Baltimore, St Louis, and Detroit, etc..

JR

PS: Thank you for always thinking of me,  I guess... ::)

So what happens when a court finally tells the police to make the video public? Same day as it's released a police officer gets charged with murder. What a coincidence huh? Same day.

I mean, does anybody really believe they ever had the intent to indict that officer who shot this kid 16 times 6 seconds after leaving his police car? A kid that posed no threat? Does anybody really believe the PD doesn't intentionally cover up misdeeds by officers to cover their behinds?

"22 police shootings in Chicago this year — and no audio in any"

Just another 'batch' of bad apples with commanders covering up the tracks.

Never a policy.

Never a pattern.

Just a bunch of individual incidents.

Just like Marco Proano's shooting of a bunch of kids. Happened in 2013. Video released in 2015. Indictment in 2016. In Chicago.

Yeah, you're right; liberals are soft on crime and coddles criminals. We need strength, unity. A firm hand to show these hoodlums how to behave.

mattiasNYC said:
Yeah, you're right; liberals are soft on crime and coddles criminals. We need strength, unity. A firm hand to show these hoodlums how to behave.
We need smart community leadership to create economic growth and jobs.

This is not purely a liberal or conservative thing but several of the major cities in decline suffer from liberal/progressive leadership.

Again correlation, not proved causation but the dots seem to line up.

JR

PS: you forgot the emoticon to denote your satire

You know me well enough to see the satire when it's there.

You should watch the interview with the Baltimore cop though. It puts the "community leadership to create economic growth and jobs" issue into perspective.

And 'no', this is not an issue of suffering from "liberal/progressive leadership" (which is entirely funny in an ironic sense since you just stated it "is not purely a liberal or conservative thing".... it's just that it's the fault of the former, not the latter....)

Latest posts

Back