H & K RED BOX

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="khstudio"] I've always been one to demand a mic on a speaker cab 99% of the time.[/quote]

why? do you think you can hear the difference on a record?

human beings make good recordings, not pieces of gear that is "any good". NYDave's advice is the best you could possibly get on this thread.

each of those boxes does its own thing and depending upon how you implement it in your recording chain will determine the other things you need to do to make it work. Its just a tool, like a shovel. I dont think there are a great mass of people out there getting "any good" guitar sounds using these things all by themselves. there's many ways to skin a cat. focus on the process of skinning the cat instead of the knife you'll use to cut its hide off.

dave

I'm surprised that there isn't anything else like the mes@ rect0 recording pre. The combination of a tube preamp and speaker simulator seems like a winner to me. It would be the ultimate Pod if it wasn't $2000.
the problem of the triax1s for me is that the speaker simulator have inductors , as the se100 atenuator.

[quote author="soundguy"][quote author="khstudio"] I've always been one to demand a mic on a speaker cab 99% of the time.[/quote]

why? do you think you can hear the difference on a record?[/quote]

I have not come across anybody yet that can pick the difference between the stuff I've recorded with a speaker and mic and the stuff done with software. These aren't engineers, they're friends/family who have no interest in the how anyway. Guitar Rig is pretty impressive for software.

[quote author="soundguy"]human beings make good recordings, not pieces of gear that is "any good".

dave[/quote]

I agree totally. I'm not an engineer but I'll always use a good performance rather than a sound. IMO it's not always about the sound, it's the performances that make great songs or records.

Ok here are the EAGLE file of the se100 PCB. is not tested yet, but it should work. if someone want to be a beta tester , please report the bugs here.

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18R53UC51ZVVC25QHQF9JAM233

Back