Happy May Day

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The celebration of oh, a hundred million "folks" murdered in the 20th century, in the name of other "folks"- "the collective". May their souls rest in peace. Memory Eternal!
The spring equinox was March 19th this year, Happy Wednesday!
Mike

Happy spring to all of you..... As if I need to bait arguments these days.

Apparently anything I say triggers some people who ASSume I have bad motives. :rolleyes:

May has been celebrated by many cultures for millennia, some have very colorful celebrations.

I celebrated today by carrying several loads of junk out to the curb for town monthly pick up day.

IMG_20240501_121304089_HDR.jpg

I finally threw away some 4' fluorescent lights that I have been moving around the country since the 1970s. This is just scraping the surface but a step in the right direction.

JR

I could believe that you don't know you're baiting but it's pretty transparent and i don't really believe it

This whole "oh did i TRIGGER you" thing you keep doing was played out in 2020, you should stop doing it
Then stop over reacting. 🤔
===
I joke about living in a poor rural town. Within 10 minutes of putting my junk pile out curbside I got a knock on my door from a neighbor driving by asking if he could take the fluorescent lights. I talked him into taking the baseboard heaters too... now all that remains is 24 gallons worth of empty beer bottles.
====
If I was trying to start an argument there are much more inflammatory incidents in today's news cycle to cast upon the waters.

Have a better day.
shutterstock_779015563-children.jpg

JR

A domestic distress signal is flying the American flag upside down. A few years ago the young woman working at the post office across the street from me raised the post office flag, upside down.

I went over to check if she was ok (she was), and told her about the distress signal that she accidentally sent out.

JR

Mow your lawn John! :ROFLMAO:
I cut my grass less than a week ago. I joke that I can mow my entire yard in about 20 minutes (using my 25HP zero turn), but it takes me days to finish trim the rain ditches. My DR trimmer refused to start Monday and it took me until yesterday to get it running again (float valve in carb was stuck). I was thinking about doing some more rain ditch trimming today but by the time I moved all those beer bottle the temperature was up in the mid 80s and muggy as hell.
==
To the immediate left in that picture is my untrimmed rain ditch culvert opening for a 24" concrete pipe that runs across the street under the highway. The noticeably tall grass about 30-40' away is not my property. Even thought not mine, I cut it a few times each year to keep the weed trees from getting established but not yet this spring.

JR

We're headed into the triple digit temperatures here in the desert...currently 90...but what always amazes me is how the desert kind of explodes with color at this point of the year...a week ago these plants looked barren and brownish...no rain...but a little heat signifying spring in the desert and hummingbirds have a feast.

Attachments

• IMG_flowers.jpg
    IMG_flowers.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_palm.jpg
    IMG_palm.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
The windows are boarded up at the US bank across the street, every may 1 the local anarchists dress up in black and bullhorn their way down the street.

My boss is pretty smart, He fires up the weber out front on the sidewalk and cooks burgers for the people in black, some of the hungries fall out of their march to catch a burger, this saves him a window or two every year.

On a lighter note we have the north bend sheriffs and animal control looking for an escaped zebra, which you would think would be easy to spot,

Last edited:
The windows are boarded up at the US bank across the street, every may 1 the local anarchists dress up in black and bullhorn their way down the street.

My boss is pretty smart, He fires up the weber out front on the sidewalk and cooks burgers for the people in black, some of the hungries fall out of their march to catch a burger, this saves him a window or two every year.

On a lighter note we have the north bend sheriffs and animal control looking for an escaped zebra, which you would think would be easy to spot,
Appeasement, feeding the crocodile hoping that he will eat you last...... 🤔

JR

Back