HE-569 pre/eq 500 series

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pahstah said:
Some of you pointed me in the direction of Cyril Jones clones, but after various e-mails I wasn't able to reach him.

Paolo

Hello Paolo, I sent you a PM, I really think the Lustraphone Clones from Cyril are really the best option for this project.
The Sowter transformer is not a clone, it's a Lustraphone replacement transformer made by Sowter, Im pretty sure it's good but not a clone of the original thing.

I would like to help you out get in touch with Cyril.

I have great news guys!

I get Cyril Jones, here is his mail:

Hello Ivan.

Many apologies for disappearing for such a long while recently.  Several projects have inundated me with work and I just switched off Raindirk for a while, also became quite tired.
Will be putting lids on another batch of transformers tomorrow.

I will have EQ coils as well very soon

Again apologies and now getting back on track.

Regards,

Cyril

So we can count on Cyril Jones....

iprovlek said:
I have great news guys!

I get Cyril Jones, here is his mail:

Hello Ivan.

Many apologies for disappearing for such a long while recently.  Several projects have inundated me with work and I just switched off Raindirk for a while, also became quite tired.
Will be putting lids on another batch of transformers tomorrow.

I will have EQ coils as well very soon

Again apologies and now getting back on track.

Regards,

Cyril

So we can count on Cyril Jones....

Yesss!

thank you Ivan

I contacted Cyril Jones and he is affirmative for the Lustraphone transformers. I'm beginning to design the new pcbs

Paolo

Hi,

I have exchanged two (2) emails with Cyril Jones who said that he has some transformer ready and is thinking about doing inductors too for the helios pre eq but then when I asked if a could purchase two transformers to tryout he never answered again.
I don't know what to say..-

Maybe ask if he has a minimum order? Do you think he was offended , thinking you were unsure of his quality?

For what it's worth, I was corresponding with Jim Dowler (ex-Olympic) recently and he said he'd also had some supply issues with Cyril. I think Jim was planning to reissue the Lustraphone himself, though I don't know if he's planning to sell to the public - it's a potential avenue to explore though. You can reach him via his website:
http://www.audiodigitaltechnology.com/

I have had a similar experience with Cyril Jones, he took months to reply to my initial contact, I have then managed to exchange a couple emails and he seemed keen on selling me some transformers to try out, then he disappeared again and I haven't heard back from him ever since. Weird...

Good to know there is possibly an alternative out there

duantro said:
Maybe ask if he has a minimum order? Do you think he was offended , thinking you were unsure of his quality?

I dont hink so. He would not get offended with that.

I bought 2 transformers from him some years ago and he was fine with that and very helpful.

I dont really know whats going on at the moment and why he is not quick to reply.

Maybe insisting by email?
Anyone has a Phone number?

I managed to order two transformers from Cyril Jones (thank you Cyril), now I'm waiting for them to arrive.Iìll keep you posted

Paolo

Hello everybody. Many apologies over contacting me. best address is [email protected]. Inductors - have supplied a few and have intentions to offer for general sale. mountings as per the VT range. L values for the bass vary depending on which version Old original 20H ish, Manor, Strawberry and later units. normally 10H or 20H but due to fluctuations in core material varied some. Wound all sorts of variants to include the 400Hz envelope broadening nicely. Cyril 28th June 2021

I'm late coming to the party! are there any more kits available ?

Some companies use a switch to reverse the transformer leads for line input, that maybe an option?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back