Hello community

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captfrance

I'm Sebastien, age 45 from north France.
I'm the sound guy in a theatre.
I'm also involved in supporting the underground local scene (noise rock, punk, synth and more) mostly by giving my time recording bands , repairing audio gear, and more...
After the transformation of my garage into a mix room, I currently ask myself what kind of setup suits best for me. To have a consistent approach is not so easy.
I deal with some tape recording, direct to disc, analog peripherals, some are DIY, plugins, analog summing, sometimes all things by computer. It's a bit messy, things are not fixed.
I don't know if I 'll be a very active poster but I've been reading things in that forum for a while now.
So I can more easely read english than write it, sorry.

Welcome Sebastien! It sounds as if you are accomplishing great things! I found reading about your background to be very interesting.
It doesn't matter how often you contribute. It matters that you come here to be involved when you can.

Regarding your English, I thought it to be very good (much better than my high school level French!). You have mastered the ability to be understood in English and that is an accomplishment!

Back