Hello from Los Angeles, CA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zapdady

I am a retired electronic technician/electric bass player. I love building effects pedals but have only just started this adventure.
Has anyone here built a "Drip DIY Fairchild 670 PCB Kit v3"? I'm wondering just how intense an adventure this might be.
JMc

Welcome to the group, Zapdady!

Has anyone here built a "Drip DIY Fairchild 670 PCB Kit v3"? I'm wondering just how intense an adventure this might be.
I haven't built a drip project yet, but be prepared for intense financial strain (especially for a 670 clone), faulty and missing documentation, and zero support from the manufacturer.

With luck, you'll find a support threrad here and a few fellow sufferers.

Sounds a bit negative, but the past here in the forum has unfortunately confirmed that.
Don't let me drag you down, it's just my opinion. I wish you a lot of fun here! (y)

Cheers

I think what will be best for me is to get a few successful builds under my belt before I venture into this expensive and possibly potential landmine.
Here is my studio.
Good idea. Uhh, you got a really nice man cave! I would feel comfortable there too.... 🤩

I think what will be best for me is to get a few successful builds under my belt before I venture into this expensive and possibly potential landmine.
Great idea... start out small. It's the best way to get going IMHO. There's lots to choose from. I wish I had picked a microphone as my first project.

Welcome and have fun!

Welcome to the group, Zapdady!

I haven't built a drip project yet, but be prepared for intense financial strain (especially for a 670 clone), faulty and missing documentation, and zero support from the manufacturer.

With luck, you'll find a support threrad here and a few fellow sufferers.

Sounds a bit negative, but the past here in the forum has unfortunately confirmed that.
Don't let me drag you down, it's just my opinion. I wish you a lot of fun here! (y)

Cheers
A local friend builds beautiful 670 clones, he cranks out about one a month. He has them placed in studios throughout our region (Nashville and east). He is a retired broadcast engineer, it consumes space and finances quickly. He does not build drips though - so neither of us could speak on the ease of build. Just know to get it done right, it's not going to be cheap or painless. I don't think I would build one of those on a circuit board. IMHO

Latest posts

Back