HELP!!! with Amek BC 3 main outputs issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybaker28

Hi there

In the middle of an album mix, just back from a week off and finding that the Left side of my console seems to have a low end sort of ringing sound on kick drums. Like its not as fast or punchy as the right side on low frequencies, the left channel now at a higher level and seems to be very low end heavy. Also the left side is showing more signal on the left main meter…

I am just hoping maybe someone could suggest a place to start to trouble shoot. The guy that sold me the console said he had done a recap job on it, and I think he did. I also bought the caps, so I may do it again tonight after my session just to be sure.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

andybaker28 said:
Update, Caps did not fix it though it does sound a bit more open. Very little change..

Hi there

In the middle of an album mix, just back from a week off and finding that the Left side of my console seems to have a low end sort of ringing sound on kick drums. Like its not as fast or punchy as the right side on low frequencies, the left channel now at a higher level and seems to be very low end heavy. Also the left side is showing more signal on the left main meter…

I am just hoping maybe someone could suggest a place to start to trouble shoot. The guy that sold me the console said he had done a recap job on it, and I think he did. I also bought the caps, so I may do it again tonight after my session just to be sure.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

Do you have schematic of the master module?
Could you check the sound of left and right side at mix insert point?

Latest posts

Back