help with using utc a24 in a u47 type circuit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> I'm not sure what glass packs are

A fat pipe with a little fiber-glass. Put it in your exhaust system in place of a real muffler. It takes some of the highs out, lets ALL the bass through. With a large V-8 engine it makes an impressive sound. AutoZone can order them.

PRR said:
> I'm not sure what glass packs are

A fat pipe with a little fiber-glass. Put it in your exhaust system in place of a real muffler. It takes some of the highs out, lets ALL the bass through. With a large V-8 engine it makes an impressive sound. AutoZone can order them.

Put a pair on my van in high school... Autozone actually had em in stock, in like, 3 different lengths! (cherry bombs, the bright red ones)

Anyway....I admire your creativity and willingness to think outside the box (that the kit comes in?)... Not something you see a lot of these days. :(

Thank you, i find myself think that way a lot so i guess you can say that is who i am.  You guys are hilarious thought.  I just finished wiring up the mic and it sound awesome.  I still need to play with different cap before the trany and resister from point 1 from the tube to ground to get the right amount of bass for my voice.  Anybody have any favorites combos?  Also has anyone found a readable schematic for church u47?  I cant read the one on www.xaudia.com.  That is my next build.

I still need to play with different cap before the trany
original U47 capacitors are Siemens MP (metal-paper) . That's the part of U47 signature. Since Siemens MP's are impossible to  find you can try some Russian NOS MP caps. Very close sound to original one  ;)

Nice tip Moby.  I've finished the mic and i love the way it sounds but i'm definitely going to try the caps to these Russian NOS MP caps.
Thanks

earlfsmith said:
Nice tip Moby.  I've finished the mic and i love the way it sounds but i'm definitely going to try the caps to these Russian NOS MP caps.
Thanks
U're welcome :) here's your guy
mbgp2_1uf_160v_01_xl.jpg

Back