Here's a group buy opportunity for stereo LDC bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any news? :)
I just heard back this morning, and unfortunately they have signed a deal with their current customer that gives them exclusive use of that body, However they added,

"However our engineers are currently designing a new style, and I will share it with you later.

Alternatively, if you like our other styles, M49,SYT5.U47.U47FET. please let me know."

Perhaps we could give them insight into what would be desired/required by the diy community.

I would be fine with a fixed angle, thoughts?

I believe a fixed angle would be very limiting. With a stereo mic I think you'd want as much versatility as possible. And what size should the mic body be? Would you use large diaphragm or small? Either have wonderful sound possibilities. Personally, I think a stereo mic modeled after the Schoeps CMTS 501U would be a great idea...

I know it uses mechanically switched patterns but apart from that it's a great size that could use a Schoeps type capsule and circuit. Either that, or go to the other extreme with the rarest of all mics, the stereo 251 complete with correct body type.

Attachments

• Schoeps Stereo CMTS501U.jpg
    Schoeps Stereo CMTS501U.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Dan Alexander Book with 251.jpg
    Dan Alexander Book with 251.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back