He's really left the group this time...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humor is a curious beast , it doesnt always travel or translate across different jurisdictions or political divides well.

Ok,  I accept cracking a joke about the 'Orifice of President' might bring a few frowns from some quarters, but I can only hope that most saw the funny side and got a bit of a 'tongue in cheek' giggle off it  :)

For those who the 'Bigger Feet' gag flew over the heads of here's a clue, nudge nudge wink wink  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U

JohnRoberts said:

PS; Was this thread about Pardoning General Flynn? I haven't read it.

I've changed the title of the thread about 4 times as the days pass or as I got bored but...
It's not really about anything in particular, or meant to be any sort of serious discussion.

There's no malicious intent and, hopefully, no one gets upset.  Honestly, you've probably not missed much by not reading it :)   

Winston O'Boogie said:
Honestly, you've probably not missed much by not reading it :)   

Completely agree,
But we can say that applies to 90% of Brewery threads.

At least this has a lot of Humour. Of course McDonald helps a lot in making this a comedy

Tubetec said:
Humor is a curious beast , it doesnt always travel or translate across different jurisdictions or political divides well.

Ok,  I accept cracking a joke about the 'Orifice of President' might bring a few frowns from some quarters, but I can only hope that most saw the funny side and got a bit of a 'tongue in cheek' giggle off it  :)

For those who the 'Bigger Feet' gag flew over the heads of here's a clue, nudge nudge wink wink  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U
I don't much care and generally ignore but must note the hypocrisy...

I received a lot of grief right here for perceived disrespect toward President Obama for much gentler things (I disagreed with his policy decisions).

I was slammed for calling the ACA "Obamacare" a name that democrats widely embraced.

Showing disrespect toward a sitting leader says more about the giver than recipient, not against forum rules so no foul, but harms civility.

Snarky political humor is only appreciated by like minded partisans and arguably insulting to tens of millions of supporters.

Maybe try a little less us/them for thanksgiving.

JR

[edit- I feel like I need to clarify that I tempered my language wrt President Obama out of respect for forum members here, not for him.

Calling President Trump stupid is a qualitative improvement from calling him evil. [/edit]

Sometimes real life is funny, or at least, the best way to deal with it is with humour.

Whoever thought that the Borat and Rudy Giuliani incident was really something, only had to wait for Four Seasons Landscaping, which reminded me of the Spinal Tap scene with the sign: "Puppet Show and Spinal Tap"

And then we got the incident with the melting hair dye which was like an easter egg bonus.

Also, in fairness, David's (Tubetec) picture of the toilet roll just reminded me of the time that President Trump farted (sharted?) on live TV while sat next to Diane Feinstein.  Her reaction was like something from the Zapruder film: "back, and to the left" 

https://youtu.be/rjrfOcPDKfs 

We should be nice to each other, but political leaders and figures are fair game I think.  Including Obama, or Bush, Boris Johnson, or anyone. 

Winston O'Boogie said:
David's (Tubetec) picture of the toilet roll just reminded me of the time that President Trump farted (sharted?) on live TV while sat next to Diane Feinstein. 

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Look at Her Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's precious

Whoops said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Look at Her Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's precious

It's f**king PRICELESS :D :D

It's also not the only time he's sharted on live TV, another time was during a meeting with Turkey's President Erdogan. Numerous stories of it happening while doing the show The Apprentice so they had to stop the taping so he could be cleaned up.
But if all you eat is cheeseburgers... then 6 months of undigested meat in yer gut will do that to ya I guess!

Whoops said:
I think he is much more ignorant than what we assume.
We actually under-estimate his stupidity.

anigif_original-967-1462997135-4.gif
Well, this woman is one of the most stubborn and prejudiced in French politics. For many, this could be encouraging to support Trump!

Well .... I guess we'd all have to admit to a misfire from the stern tube at some point in our lives  ;D
having the whole thing captured on live TV for posterity is misfortunate.
There was like a half a second delay before the expression on the ladies face changed , it was like she didnt even realise until the smell hit her .

Although I had heard of the Guilliani thing ,first time I saw the video , The look of revolt on the poor girls  face was priceless, she was so disgusted she couldnt even bring herself to hand him a tissue and whisper in his ear . There was an old thing long ago here where sometimes boot polish was used as a temporary way of hiding greys , outdoors in a cold climate maybe it works , under studio lighting conditions ends up looking like something from a horror movie .

Tubetec said:
  There was an old thing long ago here where sometimes boot polish was used as a temporary way of hiding greys , outdoors in a cold climate maybe it works , under studio lighting conditions ends up looking like something from a horror movie .

Hahaha, yes we had blokes do that too :D  Mainly to cover the old "flesh yarmulke" on top :D

Anyway, let's face it, who hasn't sharted at an inopportune moment?

abbey road d enfer said:
Well, this woman is one of the most stubborn and prejudiced in French politics. For many, this could be encouraging to support Trump!

Or equally, we might say:

“Politics sometimes creates strange bed-fellows.    Even a broken clock is correct twice a day etc., etc… “

This should’ve been be a celebration of democracy in action.  More people voted in this presidential election than ever before in history.  Over 150 million citizens. 
Remarkable!

Instead, millions of voters now believe that a far-reaching and coordinated plot stole the election for Biden.
That Democratic leaders rigged the vote in a number of majority-Black cities, and that voting machines were tampered with by communist forces in Venezuela at the direction of Hugo Chávez, the Venezuelan leader who died seven years ago.

Hmmm…  ?

;)

Winston O'Boogie said:
Or equally, we might say:

Instead, millions of voters now believe that a far-reaching and coordinated plot stole the election for Biden.

;)
Here in Georgia, unbalanced Trump supporters are racing their flag-bearing pickup trucks back and forth in front of our SOS's house, honking and screaming as they go.  The SOS is a Republican, who voted for Trump, who donated to Trump, but committed the supreme crime of not rigging an election.  And then there are the death threats he and his wife continue to get......

hodad said:
Here in Georgia, unbalanced Trump supporters are racing their flag-bearing pickup trucks back and forth in front of our SOS's house, honking and screaming as they go.  The SOS is a Republican, who voted for Trump, who donated to Trump, but committed the supreme crime of not rigging an election.  And then there are the death threats he and his wife continue to get......

I'm so sorry that this kind of bullshit crapola is happening in your neck of the woods,   
Yes I read that the SOS and his family now have a security detail because of the numerous threats.

The one thing we can take from all this is that the "system" is proving strong enough to withstand an attack on its principal foundations, and also that there are 'some' decent, law abiding Republicans out there.

Roll on January 20th mate, not long now :) 

hodad said:
Here in Georgia, unbalanced Trump supporters are racing their flag-bearing pickup trucks back and forth in front of our SOS's house, honking and screaming as they go. .  And then there are the death threats he and his wife continue to get......

It's really crazy stuff and with the amount of weapons everyone has in the US that can be quite dangerous.

I'm really happy no one has guns in my country.

"I've got information, man, new shit has come to light"

This could be a whole lot more complex, the FBI & Department Of Justice were maybe involved too. 

JohnRoberts said:
Showing disrespect toward a sitting leader says more about the giver than recipient, not against forum rules so no foul, but harms civility.

If more Republicans--both leaders and hoi polloi--laughed at, or even frowned upon, Trump's delusional and frivolous (and even downright harmful) attacks on the election, maybe we'd be done with this.  As it is, almost all I see is vocal support or an enforced silence.  And what has that achieved?  I can't dismiss mockery or disrespect entirely as tools of discourse--especially when logic, evidence, and civility seem to go nowhere. 

(The flip side, of course, is that anyone who does not support this sitting president is mocked and disrespected--even someone like the very right-wing governor of my home state, who got a taste of it yesterday.)

What is the logic for trusting SO much in mail-in voting? Are there not countries out there that dis allow it because fraud is made easier than in-person?

Can people not be bothered so much as to do the mental exercise of 'what if it was Trump who won?' Would the same people who think the vote is sound not be arguing it was easily tampered with?

C'mon . . .

JW said:
What is the logic for trusting SO much in mail-in voting? Are there not countries out there that dis allow it because fraud is made easier than in-person?

Realize, since no evidence has ever been presented to show mail-in voting to be a problem, any lack of mail-in voting as an option is nothing more than a form of voter suppression.

Whatever the logic, it’s just as much legit logic for trusting SO much in-person voting.

If it was THAT much of a concern,  mail-in voting wouldn’t be allowed at all.

How is the president’s mail-in vote any more secure than anyone else’s? How is anyone complaining about the security of mail-in voting not complaining about his mail-in vote?

JW said:

Can people not be bothered so much as to do the mental exercise of 'what if it was Trump who won?' Would the same people who think the vote is sound not be arguing it was easily tampered with?

C'mon . . .

Sorry to be a pain, but after four year of most ridicolous straight face lies, obstructing justice, ruling by division, ignoring and denying civil rights, shameless enrichment, ignoring and denying of covid, befriending of murderous dictators, caging children, pardoning war criminals, living out any vile impulse that crossed *somebody´s* mind, noone, and especially noone IN THIS THREAD, is going to be defensive about another self serving dilusional claim of this dishonourable wannabe administration that their adversaries should behave better than themselves.

They´ll probably behave better anyway, because even corporate "democrats" have not sunken so low...but VOTER FRAUD, oh well, you sure they didn´t poison your well, too? ;)

125019909_3318127221642366_155173150689449806_o.jpg

Back