Hi from Cheltenham U.K.!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark mth001

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been fascinated by recording and microphones in particular ever since I was tiny. I’ve built quite a few as well – and particularly using some ribbon inserts from Latvia, have made my own WXY (horizontal surround) mics, although I also now have a Sennheiser Ambeo, which I use a lot. I love it as a musician, since I can’t always monitor what I am doing when I’m playing in ensemble with other people.

I play piano solo, duets, accompany two choirs, am also a harpist, accompany soloists on the harp, and I am a member of two instrumental ensembles. So quite often take the chance to record anything I happen to be involved in.

To give you a little taste of the sort of things I do, this is a harp solo from a concert I did a few years ago. It is my home-made ribbon mic, which allowed me to steer the sound in post until I got something I liked. It’s a coincident pair plus a Sony Omni going into (I think) Zoom H6.

Video is from a hacked (for high bitrate) Panasonic Lumix GH2 camera, graded in daVinci Resolve

Latest posts

Back