holy sh*t!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your "concession" was to "flooding the thread with text" and your admitted unwillingness to look up basic data. I read it just fine. You did not admit your assertion that NYC has lower crime than MS (or the implication that JR was in a more dangerous area than you are) was flat wrong.
Borat, is that you?

The odd few scraps of clarity here dont make it worth wading through the bullshit ,
AP and Rec Eng are like our in house odd couple , Doc's like the man from Uncle .
😄

Just so John can keep up on the news from his home state:

Former head of Mississippi's Dept. of Human Services pled guilty to fraud and conspiracy in exchange for his cooperation and testimony. 77 million stolen from the poorest people in our poorest state. Keep it classy, Mississippi GOP!

Ex-Mississippi DHS Exec Pleads Guilty To Federal, State Crimes In Cooperation Deal

The crime rate in the state of Mississippi is higher than in the city of New York. There are more people in NY than in the state of Mississippi. Mississippi is a dangerous place statewide.
Attacking the state where I now live seems to be a popular way to take cheap shots at me. I understand Mississippi makes a fairly easy target. I am pleasantly surprised to share some good news about where I live. article about MS Miracle

MS educators have embraced a scientific phonics based approach to teaching reading

WWW said:
These Deep South states were not the first to pass major literacy laws; in fact, much of Mississippi’s legislation was based on a 2002 law in Florida that saw the Sunshine State achieve some of the country's highest reading scores. The states also still have far to go to make sure every child can read.

But the country has taken notice of what some have called the Mississippi miracle. Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky and Virginia are among the states that have recently adopted some of the same policies. As Mississippi climbed the rankings, the Barksdale Institute, an influential organization in literacy policy in the state, got phone calls from about two dozen states.

For a change MS has climbed up from the bottom of national rankings to closer to the middle. Its nice not to be worst for a change.

JR

Attacking the state where I now live seems to be a popular way to take cheap shots at me.
A quick search shows there are more than 140 threads where you have made quips about gun violence in Chicago (and other 'liberal' run cities).

Why is that ok, but posting about MS is a 'cheap shot'?

A quick search shows there are more than 140 threads where you have made quips about gun violence in Chicago (and other 'liberal' run cities).
I am trying to empathetically point out the hypocrisy of movements like BLM that ignore black on black violence. The progressive defund police movement is already bearing (rotten) fruit in multiple cities.

Since you bring that up, how about the ongoing shootings and deaths in Chicago? The new mayor in Chicago has his hands full so I will give him a beat before blaming him.
Why is that ok, but posting about MS is a 'cheap shot'?
I admit this involves some mind reading on my part, but the attacks against MS feel personal to me, while I am pretty critical of MS myself. Maybe I'm just channeling my inner snowflake. :rolleyes:

JR

Law enforcement recruitment is at an alltime low in Ireland post covid , its not because of lack of funding , its because the cops have been using technological slight of hand to invade peoples privacy .

Ask yourself the question , why do black people end up taking the law into their own hands , its because they have no faith in the system of justice where the cops act like judge dread . This two tier justice system exists here in Ireland just the same , it wasnt skin colour that was the divisor , it was which side your family ended up during the civil war 100 years ago .

Law enforcement recruitment is at an alltime low in Ireland post covid , its not because of lack of funding , its because the cops have been using technological slight of hand to invade peoples privacy .
not sure why exactly that would result in recruitment problems.

In the US it appears that police forces in major cities are suffering understaffing for obvious reasons, like budget cuts, and lack of backing/support from their leadership. It must be incredibly frustrating for police to arrest a criminal only to see him released and back on the street before they finish the paper work. In fact some districts do not even punish resisting arrest, just encouraging even more dangerous behavior.
Ask yourself the question , why do black people end up taking the law into their own hands , its because they have no faith in the system of justice where the cops act like judge dread .
Sadly when people are taught to fear and/or not respect the police it can result in very bad outcomes for all involved. In the US at least the vast majority of police officers are the good guys. It is the nature of social media to focus on the rare handful of bad behavior incidents. One disgusting incident repeated a million times on social media, feels like a million bad incidents.
This two tier justice system exists here in Ireland just the same , it wasnt skin colour that was the divisor , it was which side your family ended up during the civil war 100 years ago .
Sometimes it seems like more than two tiers.... In my personal experience being polite and accommodating when stopped by police (typically for speeding) resulted in less tickets (anecdotal).

JR

In my personal experience being polite and accommodating when stopped by police (typically for speeding) resulted in less tickets (anecdotal).
In my experience, even though I’m always extremely polite and understanding, I’ve never gotten out of a speeding ticket or any other small infraction. Maybe when I’m old I can be so lucky.

In my experience, even though I’m always extremely polite and understanding, I’ve never gotten out of a speeding ticket or any other small infraction. Maybe when I’m old I can be so lucky.
It surely didn't happen every time, but often enough to reinforce my behavior, of being courteous and not threatening.

If stopped at night the first thing I do is turn on my interior light and put my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight until the officer approaches and gives me instructions. You don't want the officer to see you searching around inside you car for something, that could make him/her nervous.

These days I don't log as many miles as I did, but I hit 90+ MPH going and coming to the food market today ;) . I have memorized where the police set up their speed traps.

JR

I find making the police laugh at traffic stops is a good way to get out of a ticket.
For example last time I was pulled over I was asked where I was going so fast? I explained I was keeping up with traffic. When I was told by the officer he didn’t see any traffic, I told him yes, I am way behind. He laughed, wrote a warning and said slow down.

Last edited:
I am trying to empathetically point out the hypocrisy of movements like BLM that ignore black on black violence.
Given the adversarial situation between minority communities and police, does it not make sense that they would not appeal to the leviathan and instead resolve disputes on their own?

The motivated reasoning / confabulating both from the left and right isn't helpful, this is a structural issue.

Given the adversarial situation between minority communities and police, does it not make sense that they would not appeal to the leviathan and instead resolve disputes on their own?
The vast majority of violent crime and murder in these communities has nothing to do with locals seeking justice on their own. It is gangs perpetrating retribution on each other in an endless cycle. And the gangs are a minority of the community.

The motivated reasoning / confabulating both from the left and right isn't helpful, this is a structural issue.
But the "structural issue" has little to with racism in policing. Look at the demographics of American police and sheriff departments and the statistics on police killings (justified and not). You're just repeating the same inaccurate viewpoint which is not supported by facts.

Back