How not to ship a console overseas!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the TG12345 Mk III out of AR studios in Rio.  I think there are only 5 Mk III's.
You can't blame the shipper.  The owner just threw some bubble on it and said send to Anytown USA, after telling the buyer adamantly that he knew how to ship a console.  No techs on either side were consulted.  I would have crated the cassettes and meters separately, with the frame off the stand.
And the damage was not too severe.  The frame is toast, and all those Ernest Turner meters took the hit protecting the modules.  I had to bend some of the module facias.  The resulting reduction in purchase price paid for the refurb, so the desk will be worth more in the end- when I can fill the bridge one Turner at a time.  By the way, I am looking for some of both sizes 702 and 703 if the price is right.

The story has a happy ending, which I will show with another before-during-after set when the after is finished.
Mike

sodderboy said:
It is the TG12345 Mk III out of AR studios in Rio.  I think there are only 5 Mk III's.
You can't blame the shipper.  The owner just threw some bubble on it and said send to Anytown USA, after telling the buyer adamantly that he knew how to ship a console.  No techs on either side were consulted.  I would have crated the cassettes and meters separately, with the frame off the stand.
And the damage was not too severe.  The frame is toast, and all those Ernest Turner meters took the hit protecting the modules.  I had to bend some of the module facias.  The resulting reduction in purchase price paid for the refurb, so the desk will be worth more in the end- when I can fill the bridge one Turner at a time.  By the way, I am looking for some of both sizes 702 and 703 if the price is right.

The story has a happy ending, which I will show with another before-during-after set when the after is finished.
Mike

go mike go.

sodderboy said:
During
during_downsized.JPG

for f* shake. This is how I wrap my sandwiches every morning....

Yeah, that's a creepy place alright - tiled walls and a drain in the middle of the floor!

(Still, you might get a good reverb sound in there!)

Yes, the shipping company is absolutely not at fault.  The party who arranged the shipping is guilty of believing that fairies carry this stuff from place to place on feather pillows. 

This is utterly horrible, I did not expect to open this post and see this :eek:

sodderboy said:
I would have crated the cassettes and meters separately, with the frame off the stand.

This is surely common sense! ESPECIALLY with a console of that vintage and rarity.  What the shipper has done is to wrap them as some would carelessly wrap a sandwich in the morning, then wonder why your salami and your tomato has lost contact with your bread on your journey to work, jeez! 

sodderboy said:
Mike

Yay, we can rebuild him!
logo.jpg

when we got those neve Vr's  a few years ago, we had an issue where some of the psu's fell off the pallet due to the idiot with the forklift not knowing where he was going.

oooohhhhh  FORKLIFTS!

i'm gonna get a forklift, put the prongs at eye level,

and chase that shipper around til i nail him!

that goddamnmotherfuckin'sonofabitchin'bastardyasshole.

ooops  kinda sorry...

The rule is: if you put a courier in a position where they can break something, they will.

Break everything into the smallest possible units. Then surround in bubble wrap and put into a box with millions of (annoying) poly chips.

The shipper's a dickhead. He must be really wealthy. Proof that you don't need to be intelligent to make lots of money. In fact, I've often found that the two can be inversely proportionate... What does that say about the capitalist system?

Justin

I am truly shocked...speechless...absolutely stunned at the stupidity...

fingers crossed you can bring her back to life...

Pete

Back