I'm really disappointed with 52% of californians...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21 

If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.

DEUTERONOMY 22:22
If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.

MARK 10:1-12

Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.

LEVITICUS 18:19

The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.

MARK 12:18-27 

If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12 

If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

:eek:

Thats crazy stuff.

Real crazy.........

Simple democracy isn't pretty.. especially when the majority is informed by huge advertising efforts, rather than thoughtful discussion. Kind of like lobbying the public  :eek:

This is the reason our government IS NOT a simple democracy.. while we do have many simple legislators, and to my taste they do vote popular opinion more often than they should.

There may have been other issues in CA with activist judges crossing the line line between interpreting law and making it. Some of this may be push back against judges who were out of order.

Social issues like this are an evolution that takes time . As old prejudices and barriers fall, new ones come under inspection. They too will fall over time. 

JR

Kit said:
DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21 

If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.

DEUTERONOMY 22:22
If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.

MARK 10:1-12

Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.

LEVITICUS 18:19

The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.

MARK 12:18-27 

If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12 

If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

:eek:

Thats crazy stuff.

Real crazy.........

I think its funny that people that believe in FREE WILL take the time to PREACH using quotes from a book that is very misunderstood and probably not fully read and studied by the people using it in a negative context.

If we rely on a passage of Deuteronomy to gauge the spirituality of Christianity or Jewish religion, then we surely miss the point. Jesus preached LOVE of each other as the ultimate commandment. Love each other more than you love yourself.......a difficult thing to do. Do i love gay people? sure (not in a gay way though ;) ) just as Jesus had compassion for the prostitutes and tax collectors. they are misguided people and ALL can benefit from some Godly guidance and some brotherly love.

You see, Jesus came to stop exactly what is happening here........A holier than thou attitude and a literal interpretation of Jewish law.

I cant explain the eye-opening experience (revelation) that i had a couple of years ago, but at that time i would have totally agreed with someone's comment "man created god in his likeness" or whatever. now i see my own reflection in that statement and the ugliness that is embedded in this type of debate.

Look, i am not saying that all religious people are good nor are all good people religious. i just think there are ALOT of bad ideas about Christianity floating around here and i think it is more an issue of lack of knowledge of the TRUE meaning of being a Christian. bottom line......love everybody, love God above everybody (and everything) and be forgiving.

Dont put too much stock in the rules.

Ryan

lanxe said:
bottom line......love everybody, love God above everybody (and everything) and be forgiving.

However; you do not need a "God" and a book of stories to know how to be a loving and good person.

Ptownkid said:
lanxe said:
bottom line......love everybody, love God above everybody (and everything) and be forgiving.

However; you do not need a "God" and a book of stories to know how to be a loving and good person.

Yeah, i think i said that, just in a different way:
[quote author=lanxe]Look, i am not saying that all religious people are good nor are all good people religious.[/quote]

just as you guys are saying that there are good non-religious people i am saying that there are good religious people. i just hate to see Christianity bashed because of the bad apples. But this religion has and always will be flamed by others (they did torture and crucify the leader).

Back