I'm shocked.. :-)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ppa said:
JohnRoberts said:
I am never shocked when any business tries to engineer less price competition for higher profits, but it is illegal in the modern world, and messing with beer in Germany seems like it should be above reproach.

John you are shocked for beer in Germany, but some kms (or miles) below Germany here in Italy,
veal is in range 16-28 euro / kg. , apples are in range 2-3 euro Kg., same thing for pears....etc...
All food prices are very high here, so people this years eat less! I think it is more shocking that german beers. 
How much is a kg. of veal in other countries? I am just curious. 

EDIT: just to be clear, many italians have reduced their feeding level against their will for the high prices and the high taxes.
I don't mean to make light of your observation but maybe we need more expensive food here, since obesity is epidemic. Mexico has started taxing sugar in soda and snacks to reduce obesity. Good luck, at least they under stand the way economic incentives work.

Turkey is expected to announce a major interest rate increase to strengthen their lira  tonight after markets close here.

Good luck...

JR

Back