impeachment stupidity

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hodad said:
POTUS is the slime--but you steadfastly ignore this. 
saying something is so, doesn't make it so... if it did, your work would be done.
He is the one doing all the bad stuff, not the Dems.
opinions vary, but that is why we have elections, 2020 will be a referendum of the current behavior by both sides.
  Now, if you want to talk lowly political benefit, we can't talk about the years spent on Hillary's emails (which was a giant nothingburger that Rs spent YEARS on for political gain.).
Since you bring this up, what about the 30k emails she deleted from her personal server, weeks after receiving a subpoena for them?

Comey's opinion that he did not find intent to break the law does not hold water. As the statute is written, even having knowledge that classified material is being mishandled (like using a private email server), means that not only Hillary broke the law, but everybody who received an email from her private server and did not report it is in violation. We can speculate about how many high level people in that administration she sent emails to.  Maybe that's why she deleted the 30k?  :eek:

I take no pleasure from re-litigating this old news, but since you bring it up...  8)
No.  This time we have a genuinely sleazy president--like openly and over-the-top sleazy--and because he's an R, you refer to "lowly political benefit."    Whereas when Rs actually did abuse their oversight power to go after HRC, you had no problem with it. 
sticks and stones
Hypocrisy, thy name is JR. 

:D :) :-X :-[ ??? 8) :eek:
I am comfortable with my opinions, and yours...

Attacking me personally will not change my mind, or change anything.

You need to try to relax. You will get a chance to remove POTUS legally in about a year. Be sure to vote next Nov, that can actually change stuff.  8)

JR

JohnRoberts said:
saying something is so, doesn't make it so...

You need to try to relax. You will get a chance to remove POTUS legally in about a year. Be sure to vote next Nov, that can actually change stuff.  8)

JR

You  should try getting a little less relaxed.  The country & system of govt. you purport to love are being destroyed, and you go happily along like a good little Republican relativist footsoldier.  The contorted justifications Republicans give for Trump's malfeasance and their own obeisance are comical at this point.  I understand that you & your comrades are not in on the joke, but your buffoonery is a thing to behold. 

8) 8) 8) :-X :-X :-[ :-[ :p :p :'( ;) :) ;) :) :D ;D ;D 8)

I do not understand how anyone can think this impeachment investigation is nothing more than a political scheme and also thinks Clinton’s was not.

That goes for all these Trump-related scandal stories, being touted as fake news, but fully embracing all the scandal stories against his political enemies. How convenient.

The evidence that Trump was withholding foreign aid money appropriated by Congress as a quid pro quo to make the Ukraine investigate a political opponent is clearly impeachable...there is not even any grey area if you simply read the law...that evidence is now becoming seriously substantiated by career diplomats who were told by WH and State Department NOT to testify...which is clearly an obstruction attempt...

If you read these facts with a squint you can make out a path for removing Trump via elections as a "legal" way to do it, which implies that following the constitution is NOT a legal path, but thats a squinted perspective that ignores the facts coming into focus.

We are clearly in the investigative stage of this, but so far what has been revealed to the public (and what Trump has clearly admitted to) all point to a violation of the oath of office by Trump...

Either we have the rule of law or the POTUS is above the law, pick one.

dogears said:
What’s illegal exactly?
At the least:

U.S. Code 18 § 110.20 Prohibition on contributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements by foreign nationals (52 U.S.C. 30121, 36 U.S.C. 510). - A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election. - (g) No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section.

U.S. Code 18 §  201.Bribery of public officials and witnesses - being a public official or person selected to be a public official, directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity, in return for: being induced to do or omit to do any act in violation of the official duty of such official or person;

U.S. Code § 1951.Interference with commerce by threats or violence - Whoever in any way or degree obstructs, delays, or affects commerce or the movement of any article or commodity in commerce, by robbery or extortion or attempts or conspires so to do, or commits or threatens physical violence to any person or property in furtherance of a plan or purpose to do anything in violation of this section shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both. - (2)The term “extortion” means the obtaining of property from another, with his consent, induced by wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence, or fear, or under color of official right.

This doesn't even include the refusal to comply with subpoena's, which falls under 2 U.S. Code § 192.

hodad said:
You  should try getting a little less relaxed.  The country & system of govt. you purport to love are being destroyed, and you go happily along like a good little Republican relativist footsoldier.  The contorted justifications Republicans give for Trump's malfeasance and their own obeisance are comical at this point.  I understand that you & your comrades are not in on the joke, but your buffoonery is a thing to behold. 

8) 8) 8) :-X :-X :-[ :-[ :p :p :'( ;) :) ;) :) :D ;D ;D 8)
I am a big boy but you can stop insulting me any time now (seriously stop). 

Yes, I am concerned about the damage being done to our republic but not by the republicans.

The democrats are just playing dirty politics as both side do, while they are more hyper than usual. The real threat is/was the so called "deep state" that weaponized government functions for political advantage.

I am still waiting for lois lerner to explain all the funny business while she was at the IRS... (trying to starve the tea party movement by withholding non-profit status).

Several in (or who were in) the CIA and FBI have some 'spainin to do.  Just because these ongoing investigations have not been leaked to a liberal media, does not mean there is nothing going on.

There is a pretty long list, but as an optimist I can wait.  Next year will be a decisive election one way or the other.

JR

Don't forget to add pizzagate, the seth rich murder, and the official investigation into the swift boat veterans for truth claims. The deep state is surpressing so much "truth"  ;D

Seriously, no need to get angry that not everyone sees things the same way. Going down into echo chambers of the media propaganda machines makes people believe some ridiculous conspiracies. A confirmation bias is hard to break. And Trump will probably keep his 35% support until the end, even if he shoots someone on 5th ave. (Which his lawyer argued he could do, in court today)

The analogy to Hillary's email-gate is apt - and just what Trump is hoping for. A drip-drip-drip of that can be sensationalized by the media.  Wingnuts can spin up conspiracies like pizza gate and the seth rich murder (and the even more crazy list of Clinton murders) all through the election year and be distracted.

As the impeachment investigate continues, we will see how many other countries Trump has tried this stuff with. The hidden server Trump has been putting info on will be interesting to see.
This morning the WSJ editorial board turned on Trump's claim of executive privilege when it comes to withholding info from an impeachment proceeding. 

It's telling that Republican's are trying so hard to change the subject

I am kind of amazed at what I see happening to the GOP...currently 30 house republicans just staged a publicity stunt in a SCIF, even going so far as to bring their cell phones in...

THIS is a national security risk...SCIF's are protected national security areas and violent force can be used to protect them from compromise...to simply stage a walk in on an ongoing investigation where there are BIPARTISAN  parties receiving sworn testimony during an investigation is not a stunt, it is a security risk.

It seems like the GOP no longer respects the rule of law as pertaining to them...there was not one such staged protest in all of the Benghazi investigation, or the long anit-climatic "Hillary's email" investigation, or Clinton's impeachment proceeding...not even a hint of something this repugnant...

When you compromise national security buildings for publicity (this is NOT a trial, it is not even a court, it is simply an impeachment investigation) you have completely lost any and all moral high ground.

Its the fucking LAW here...to get 30 lawmakers onboard with BREAKING THE LAW says a whole lot about where the GOP has slide to.

It also makes me wonder...if there is such a push back against a Constitutionally authorized investigation, whats so critical to hide here?

Schiff and company are NOT operating outside of their authority, and we need to remember there are also GOP rep's in those hearings ASKING QUESTIONS and getting all the same info...it is NOT a one party investigation...

When you are told what questions you cannot ask you have found your master.

this is turning into a time suck with each side blaming the other of the same thing.

The public just got another civics lesson about what a SCIF is (where too many leaks come from).

For the record I did not raise the subject of Hillary's emails, she is on a book tour, and refuses to go away. A squishy release from state department re-iterated the no-intent defense (that I do not accept), while citing almost 100 violations.

Regarding impeachment go ahead and vote...  Its hard to throw mud without getting your hands dirty.

JR

Hillary is not running, I am not sure why she is relevant in ANY of the current situation except as an example of how news has treated political candidates in the past...the email thing found no intentional wrong-doing and this was after hours and hours of investigations...yes there were violations and possibly some consequences for not following protocol, but Hillary herself has been exonerated...so she can sell books if anyone wants to buy them...frankly I think her book tour is a grooming exercise for Hillary 2.0 (also known as Chelsea, God have mercy on us all)...older women in politics tend to play the long game...

Aside from that the issue of leaks is an interesting consideration since it was a specific leak that derailed Hillary and another one that remained undisclosed that helped Trump...

This habit of weaponizing the 5th column is not even slightly new...and frankly modern attempts seems rather docile compared to some of the methods our former political parties used...the difference now is the frequency and speed of delivery...it's like we've taken the audio signal and wired the tape roller motor to 440...its a blitzkrieg medium format that has become normalized.

iomegaman said:
it's like we've taken the audio signal and wired the tape roller motor to 440...

OT but 440 AC is pretty cool. Used in old aircraft electronics, a 24V 10amp transformer can be the size of a baseball...

bluebird said:
OT but 440 AC is pretty cool. Used in old aircraft electronics, a 24V 10amp transformer can be the size of a baseball...
If 440 is cool, try switching at several kHz...  but that old aircraft stuff was cps not Hertz.

Thats why modern power amps can be so light (less iron and copper from HF switching power transformers and less aluminum from smaller class D heats sinks. )

JR

bluebird said:
Oh I get it, republicans say CPS and dems say Hz ;D
CPS is more an old people thing and just to be factual aircraft AC power was 400 Hz (or cycles per second), not 440 which is A above middle C.  ::)

I am a registered republican while I lean libertarian (no libertarian sign up sheet at my voting place.)  ;D

When I was young I was more liberal... as are most young people. Then they grow up.

JR

John 12:39
Because of this, they were not able to believe,..

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so that they cannot see with their eyes, and understand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them."

Latest posts

Back