Inductance Capacitance High Precision LC Meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus4audio

This cheapo guy looks interesting. Has anyone had any experience with him? Specially with measuring large inductance, more than 100H.  8)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-new-L-C-F-5pF-1uF-0-05uH-500H-Inductance-Capacitance-High-Precision-LC-Meter/1121365972.html

Just recieved this "intersring guy" and I did a test. It's OK for small value inductance up to few mH but with large coils with expected 120H (measured with trusted HP meter) it measures 178kH at 8 hz :/ . Well, I tried ;)

Couldn't it simply be .178KH - that would make more sense on a meter that is rated up to 500H max.

And then the result could very well be correct - what frequency does HP use?

Jakob E.

Thanks Gyraf, interesting. Yes i will repeat the measuring and check did I missed the period. If my memory serves me well, Hp measuring were at 50hz. Btw, if this measuring is acurate is it possible to mod this unit to measure at higher frequencies? I presume that it uses some cap or coil etanol so maybe x10 will do the trick... :/ if yes, it can be really nice value for money ;)

Unfortunately there is no "." :/
edit: I found the designer of the meter. Very nice Chinese guy who use the google translate for communication :) Unfortunately it's accurate in the Inductance Range : 0.05uH-1H. Sellers from Ebay copied his design and added the "extended range" info. 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.6 KB

Latest posts

Back