Inductors! Pultec, Trident, Neve, Custom etc

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am looking for some inductors for a 1081 EQ. Mu-Metal potted with chassis PCB's would be very helpful. Interested in at least two sets of those (one low-mid, one high-mid). Also interested in at least four sets of the PM-PEQ inductors.

Can you do the neve style in a mu-metal can with the chassis mount PCB?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Best,
jonathan

The mid section appears to use either one inductor for mid boost and cut and the Lo-mid/Hi-mid combination with an inductor each, which of these do plan to make?
Matt

hi

also wondering if u can make an inductor for the new york dave equalizer?
spec: 820mh;330mh;150mh;33mh;18mh;3,3mh;3,3mh

cheers
mick

Not sure if everything is set for this project yet, but I'd be in for 2 inductors (one for the low mids, and one for the high mids) for the PM Pultec.
2 of each for a stereo EQ of course  ;D

Yes, I do custom inductors as well.

leadbreath said:
hi

also wondering if u can make an inductor for the new york dave equalizer?
spec: 820mh;330mh;150mh;33mh;18mh;3,3mh;3,3mh

cheers
mick

I am definitely in for 6 posh men's inductors. Posh men inductors have two different values right, one for lo-mid and one for the hi-mid.

Edit:

npqnv8.png

So technically, there are 4 different inductors than you can choose from, they all use the same pm mid board. Will this variety present a problem for you Chrion?

And if not, I think we (= Chrion) should come up with some sort of labelling to tell them apart for us to order.
done

I will check above assumptions and values with Ian, just to be sure. done

Yeah, this is a tad confuzing, but no problems!
I've made names for the four kinds, to make picking the right one easier.
There are 4 kinds:

Lo Mid #1 - VTB9047
Lo Mid #2 - VTB9043
Hi Mid - VTB9042
Poor Mid - VTB9050

Back