Is it possible to rewire the....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvemer1

Hi,

My name is Lars and i am new here.
I would like to here if anyone know if it is possible to rewire the 7-pin plug on the SE2200T microphone so it works with the powersupply from the t-bone stc 800 powersupply?

I have the se2200t but no powersupply and it does not seem to be an option to find the right powersupply anywhere theese days, of course this would be the best thing but not even an unoriginal powersupply is to be found.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't see why not..? Of course, for extra safety / certainty, it would be great to see the schematic of the sE2000T (are you sure it's not sE2200T?), even a reverse-engineered one.

I don't see why not..? Of course, for extra safety / certainty, it would be great to see the schematic of the sE2000T (are you sure it's not sE2200T?), even a reverse-engineered one.
First: thanks, it is now corrected 😄

My challenge is i have a friend that could do the welding job but he is not sure if it is just a matter of moving the wires on the print around so they match the output pins of the (stc800) powersupply or there are different voltage, resistance etc. In difference from one to another.

Attachments

• image003.png
    image003.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
First of all, you could compare the connections with the schematic from this page:

https://dzen.ru/a/ZEsoNOccjTskHhW8
I haven't put the page through a translator yet, but the title refers to the 2200T, and it would not be at all surprising if the circuit was a pretty "standard" one as well.

Reading on though, it looks like the 2200T expects both a 120v supply and a 180v supply, in addition to the heater. That takes my mind towards another sE circuit, like the Z5600.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=70694

Thanks i will take a look at it thru a translator 😄
I guess the best thing woul be if i could get a scheme/diagram for the stc-800.
Little as i knew i started out just pluggin the sE into the powersupply of the stc ... That did not sounded good then my friend tried to measure here and there and found that the pins where wired totally different in the two mics.

What cable will you be using? The sE one or the t-Bone one?

Typically a tube mic cable (like this: MOGAMI VALVE MICROPHONE CABLE) will have different cores for different signals (heater, audio, HT) and using the wrong ones will give problems (e.g. noise pickup, insufficient heater voltage).

If you rewire the microphone to match the PSU, you'll need a cable that comes with the PSU. If you want to use a cable that comes with the mic, you'll want to rewire the PSU.

Here's a translation of the paragraph under the schematic:

Network search - I couldn't find a scheme. I found an approximate analogue - thanks to "Aikman" for the help in finding the scheme. The microphone is similar to the "Golden Age Project TC-1" scheme on the same lamp. There are differences - according to the applied capsule - on sE220t - it is single-membrane, in contrast to the given scheme, on which the two-membrane capsule and in the supply voltages - respectively, the nominal values of the parts are different. In general, the similarity is only in the type of lamp switching on. But that's enough to navigate.

Well. I have looked...and found these but my friend who is a little bit more into this diagram thing says that there is not all the info he needs to start welding around the sE2200T without the risk of burn of either the microphone or the psu, sorry but we are not electronic experts 😐
But i have maybe commed a little closer, i found that the sE5500 microphone should be the same as the sct-800 and i have today asked There reseller if i could get the diagram of that one and hopefully they will reply positive. They did with the sE2200T so hopefully 🙏🙏

Latest posts

Back