Isolator integration for DIY Bozak (Pathos) DJ mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f.aiseur

Hi everyone!
I asked on the dedicated facebook group but no one answered me there so i will try my luck here...

I am finishing some build of a bozak clone made by Miles Stevens, but i'd like to add an isolator.
Here is the full documentation with schematics and gerber files :
https://fabricastronautblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/pathos-pt-5-the-pitch/

The solution to take the Main output from PGM card and put the ISO between here and the actual output is not satisfactory for me because then, it wouldnt affect the CUE and the REC out. Only Main out. Not great for djing.

So I am thinking about taking the negative leg out of C207 at the end of the EQ section, send the signal from here to the ISO, then back to the same pad.
Somehow it seems odd to me, but the pcb layout doesnt allow me to have a very clear idea of what to do...

Here are schems of the EQ section and the PGM card...

If anyone has some suggestion, i'm all ears!
Thanks!

F.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-08-16 à 08.01.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-08-16 à 08.01.05.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture d’écran 2024-08-16 à 08.01.25.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-08-16 à 08.01.25.png
    73 KB · Views: 1
Hi Newmarket,
No i mean a 3 band « dj isolator »

Since i posted i actually tried something else by taking the signal directly from c207 negative pin, to iso and sending it back directly to master volume/cue/tape out.

It seems to work like this, after cutting a few tracks from c207

Hi everyone!
I asked on the dedicated facebook group but no one answered me there so i will try my luck here...

I am finishing some build of a bozak clone made by Miles Stevens, but i'd like to add an isolator.
Here is the full documentation with schematics and gerber files :
https://fabricastronautblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/pathos-pt-5-the-pitch/

The solution to take the Main output from PGM card and put the ISO between here and the actual output is not satisfactory for me because then, it wouldnt affect the CUE and the REC out. Only Main out. Not great for djing.

So I am thinking about taking the negative leg out of C207 at the end of the EQ section, send the signal from here to the ISO, then back to the same pad.
Somehow it seems odd to me, but the pcb layout doesnt allow me to have a very clear idea of what to do...

Here are schems of the EQ section and the PGM card...

If anyone has some suggestion, i'm all ears!
Thanks!

F.
Did you find a solution? And which isolator project did you use? Also the one from F.A.?
Also curious how you got it in the same case he proposed

Did you find a solution? And which isolator project did you use? Also the one from F.A.?
Also curious how you got it in the same case he proposed
Hi!
Well the solution i described in the previous post seems to work for me - at least on oscilloscope check.
But i’m still curious to know another approach of this!
The iso card i got from oudin cien, he was selling some stuff on the facebook group.
I wish Miles released the pcbs for his iso tho, really neat and tiny project!
And for the case i made my own as i wanted also VU meters, ISO and two slide pots, here it how it look like now.
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1380.jpeg
    IMG_1380.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back