K47 China/Alibaba Capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was recommended so I bought a pair of these capsules. I don't think they sound good at all. Dark with absolutely no depht or detail.

K47 type capsules sound darker (no presence bump) than the most common LDC type that is the K67/K87 type capsules.
It's a characteristic of this type of capsules, although I havent compared mine to other K47 capsules so I don't know if they're darker or not than the average K47.

I had them reskinned by Peter Drefahl who told me that it took a lot longer than usually since he had to clean them first. Now they sound much better.

May I ask you how much was the reskin by Peter Drefahl?

Thanks

So need a new capsule for my U67 copy where can I buy a real good one?
I've sent you a PM so the thread can go on about the aliexpress K47 copies
K47 type capsules sound darker (no presence bump) than the most common LDC type that is the K67/K87 type capsules.
It's a characteristic of this type of capsules, although I havent compared mine to other K47 capsules so I don't know if they're darker or not than the average K47.

May I ask you how much was the reskin by Peter Drefahl?

Thanks
I have several and have worked with loads of microphones with Neumann K47 and know exactly how they sound. I don't think K47 is a dark capsule. They have a pretty obvious presence bump. If you design a microphone with K67 the electronics are suppose to equalize the exaggerated presence of the capsule. The only microphone I've used that doesn't have that is Neumann SM69 FET, which I think sound very unbalanced and awful on a lot of sources.

Drefahl charge €295+tax for reskin. I know it's not cheap but he does excellent work and is really fast. He reskinned the M7 in my U47 and it sounds spot on.

Latest posts

Back