LA-2A hum and oscillation problems - SOLVED !!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some hum-problems too, so I made shure all the parts of the case had proper connection with eachother (and grounded, of course).
That turned out to be the cure.

so funny that you started this thread, i have the same problem with my la2a and finally stole it out of my friends hands today ( he was ok with the noise but i of course was not!) Grid stoppers did it for me, i also made sure all parts of my case where properly grounded to each other, good luck, youll love it once you cant hear the radio :grin:

[quote author="mcfarlane_audio"]so funny that you started this thread, i have the same problem with my la2a and finally stole it out of my friends hands today ( he was ok with the noise but i of course was not!) Grid stoppers did it for me, i also made sure all parts of my case where properly grounded to each other, good luck, youll love it once you cant hear the radio :grin:[/quote]

:green: :green: :green:

Hey! I'm having hum's problems with my LA-2A... Mat, did you have the explanation for the "Grid Stoppers"? the link is dead!
I have a 50hz hum even with the gain fully off... can anyone help please?!!!

Cheers,

Eddie :)

If it's 50Hz, you either have bad heater layout or a bad grounding scheme.
Has nothing to do with the grid stopper in or not.

Could be a couple of things. More info please. What layout? What transformers? Pics?

Ok, I'll post some photos!
The ground Scheme is ok, and wired as Greg say at his V2 manual!
I realize in the V3's manual there some mods to do, including the DC voltage ref for the heaters...I'll try this first ;)
Cheers,

Eddie :)

Back