labelling switch caps, silkscreen?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding me? That is awesome. I've always wanted a more useable control surface like that.

What are you using as the processor?
It looks like you have implemented the HUI protocol, is that correct?
Is everything communicating over MIDI or did you write some sort of MIDI over Ethernet interface?
Are the faders motorized?
If a train leaves Paris going 20k/h and a car leaves London going 10 k/h....

So many nerdy question...

Thanks for making me feel even more inadequate and lazy!!!!

If you will excuse me I'm going to go ball up in the corner and try not to cry for too long...

Well done, I look forward to your future progress/updates!!
Thanks for encouragements guys!

This was not a very complicated build, MIDIbox platform makes it very easy to implement.

The hardest part is the mechanical side of the project, especially since i wanted everything to sit in a tight space.

As Zam already said, MIDIbox is based on stm32f4 and PIC.

It communicates with the daw via usb MIDi, but the touchscreen part is an SBC running lemur/touchosc, therefore communicating via MIDI over ethernet. MIDIbox and Lemur can talk to each other using OSC.

Faders are motorized and touch-sensitive. The 25th fader is not used as Master fader, but controls the selected track(s) fader. And it uses an entire MB_MF_NG board for one fader. this part needs to be perfected, my faders are old, i've crosstalk issues between motor driving lines and touch sense lines, and i might switch from PIC to a more capable micro.

About HUI, it'partly implemented but some parts are harder to implement. I have full control over faders, switches and get screens feedback. But i can't light LEDs and encoders are reversed.

I don't have much use for Pro Tools at home, so it's not my priority.

Cheers,

Thomas

Back