Learning Frequencies?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad that it works for you.
It certainly has good educational value.
But it's not the most efficient way of doing it.
The almost universally ascertained way of targetting frequency is dialing a hefty 10-15 dB boost with a largeish bandwidth (0.5-1 octave) and sweep the frequency till one hits the desired frequency; then reducing bandwidth helps pinpointing if necessary.
Using a reference sine wave adds an unnecessary stage to the process; you still have to fine-adjust the frequency for EQing.
Even highly trained SE's who are very good at identifying frequencies have to fine-adjust.

abbey road d enfer said:
The almost universally ascertained way of targetting frequency is dialing a hefty 10-15 dB boost with a largeish bandwidth (0.5-1 octave) and sweep the frequency till one hits the desired frequency; then reducing bandwidth helps pinpointing if necessary.

In my current workplace, there is not really time for a proper soundcheck. I usually have about 20-30mins to line check, do IEM and FOH. So I don't really get a chance to EQ properly.

Obviously, once the show starts, I can't be boosting 10-15 dB and sweeping... Although I have been known to do this on synths as a effect  ;D

JD

Latest posts

Back