Level Loc DIY - Stereo Unit - Finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, never tried that.

But now that you mention, it does make sense as both mics will have the quality to capture a performance decently, a stereo image will form anyway.

I think most sets of ears are also not perfectly matched.

If Elon's neurolink ever takes off, we could listen to some music with my left ear and your right ear.

Hi! I just came across this project and it looks cool and relatively easy. I have a few questions: is it possible to just make this unit line level? I just would use it for mixing purposes so it would recieve signal from my interface and then feed it back to another line input. If that is possible, I would just ditch the aux out and use the two xlr as line level. I already saw you used a pad for the input, so that would be already covered. How about make the output balanced line level?
Also, when building a stereo version, do both channels share input knob? Or is each one completely independent?

I would just ditch the aux out and use the two xlr as line level.

You can't ditch the Aux Out at all, that output it's the Line Level output. So if you want to have line level out you need to use the Aux Out

How about make the output balanced line level?

Use a THAT 1646 chip on the Aux Out to balance it,
Done

Also, when building a stereo version, do both channels share input knob? Or is each one completely independent?

This circuit is not stereo...
It's a single circut. So if you want to make a stereo unit it will be Dual Mono.

You can use Dual Gang Pots though, that way turning the knob affects both circuits. It's up to you

Back