LGTBQ outrage reaches fever pitch over double murder

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad I'm not the target of the flames this time....

That said it makes me weary just to read that stuff (if I actually read it all).

JR

PS: Nobody wins an argument on the internets, while really bad behavior can end one.

Wait...I'm supposed to let boji tell me how I feel?
Of course not, but that's quite a willful misread!
(and a bit disingenuous, since dopamine addiction mechanisms can, by their very nature, be unconscious affairs)

At any rate, the point was to explore the act of the personal attack and what it does to others. What happens to the average person's truth-seeking engine when they are commanded, in public, to wear the millstone of history-- specifically as it relates to hate crime?
I was also trying to get at what noncombative, agreeable persons (such as myself) do when experiencing/avoiding these kinds of linguistic bonfires, especially when they become predictable and rote, and most curiously-- why do these attacks continue to be used despite knowing about its winnowing effects on conversation? It must have something to do with pleasure (dopaminergic), because the alternative is some nihilistic burn-it-all-down madness. Madness that doesn't square with some of the more spontaneous, unselfconscious sparks of insight produced by the ax-grinders.

Last edited:
So DeSantis’s comes director tweeted that all those “woke” textbooks star that 2+2=4 is “white supremacy.” If you’re looking for hyperbolic, inflammatory speech, look no further. I still maintain that folks here and elsewhere are speaking from a position of ignorance. They have no idea what is in the textbooks, they have no idea how schools work today, no idea of the rules, regulations, and laws that govern a teacher’s classroom conduct. They may not be aware of what remedies are already in place to address any actual wrongs committed, or of the potential abuses of the new, not always well written laws now being passed. Ignorance is often easily cured, though. However, looking at a few “outrageous” videos on the internet is not the best medicine.

So DeSantis’s comes director tweeted that all those “woke” textbooks star that 2+2=4 is “white supremacy.” If you’re looking for hyperbolic, inflammatory speech, look no further. I still maintain that folks here and elsewhere are speaking from a position of ignorance. They have no idea what is in the textbooks, they have no idea how schools work today, no idea of the rules, regulations, and laws that govern a teacher’s classroom conduct. They may not be aware of what remedies are already in place to address any actual wrongs committed, or of the potential abuses of the new, not always well written laws now being passed. Ignorance is often easily cured, though. However, looking at a few “outrageous” videos on the internet is not the best medicine.
Which of cou

Latest posts

Back