Logic Pro export/bounce

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deveng

Anyone able to export mono tracks from  Logic Pro?  I have four unfinished songs recorded with Logic (drums,bass,guitar) that need to move to Samplitude.  Some of the tracks have been overdubbed so all the tracks need to bounce top to bottom.

Regards,
Jeff

Did you tried "Bounce in Place" option?

Logic Pro doesn't allow to mix down on mono but you can mute 3 tracks (or solo one). Bounce it as split stereo file so you have 2 mono files labeled L and R

I don't have Logic that's the problem.  I just need them bounced.  Stereo would be fine.

Regards,
Jeff

"that need to move to Samplitude. "

Incidentally that's my waveform manipulator of choice.  If I understand what you're after, can't you import what you have and if needed, split to mono / converge to stereo within sam? Logic uses AIFF.  Import as such and manipulate to taste. You might need quicktime installed for the conversion.  I suppose you're worried about tracks lining up? Not much you can do without rebouncing the takes within logic to include silence as part of the waveforms.

zJQrPzy.png

I think he has a copy of a logic project and needs someone with the software to do the bounce for him.

I use a PC,  so can't directly help.  I would imagine a lot of studios would do it for a small fee if you can't find someone in the friend network.

Here's the breakdown.  The project was tracked by someone else using Logic Pro.  He's now no longer available (not even to do bounces).    Since some of the songs had overdubs, the tracks should be exported/bounced to .wav format from beat 1 bar 1 to end of song so that when I import into Samplitude there are no audio line up issues.  Also, since the audio for the 4 songs appears to have all the files in one folder, it would be time consuming to match up audio track to song.  In Samplitude I can convert them back to mono no problem.

I did find someone who, very generously, offered to bounce them for me.  I'm working on moving the Logic files to a file share site.

From what I know, if you have the Logic files and audio, its a very easy process.  I'm hoping I can get the audio bounced out to separate folders for each song to make life easier!

Regards,
Jeff

The project was tracked by someone else using Logic Pro.  He's now no longer available (not even to do bounces).
Glad you found someone kind enough to re-print tracks with silence.

cheers

pucho,

I don't think the audio files have time stamps that I'm aware of.  The only way I can be sure all the tracks line up perfectly when I import into Samplitude is to bounce them from beat 1, bar 1 to the end of the last audio file.  This does take a bit more disc space as short punches then become full length .wav files.    Bouncing will also guarantee that any edits made by the original recording engineer will now exist in the new tracks.    No effects or volume edits will be bounced, just raw comp'd tracks.  I have all the original  raw tracks as well and can then do any comping later if needed.

Regards,
Jeff

Back