Longframe patchbay - remove bussed grounds?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morls

Hi,

I've bought a bare-bones patchbay for insert send/returns on my transfer console, and was wondering about removing the ground bussing. Balanced connection to console via DB-25 (cutting DB-25 snake in half and soldering directly to patchbay sockets), all gear is balanced and there's not going to be any normalling.

Sound like the right thing to do in this situation?

Cheers
Stephen

longframe 2.jpg longframe 1.jpg

I have a few long-frame bays without any ground bussing, everything works great as such for me :) I imagine there might be a difference if you were patching mic-level stuff through your bay, but for all line-level balanced connections, I am not worried about it.

Hi,

I've bought a bare-bones patchbay for insert send/returns on my transfer console, and was wondering about removing the ground bussing. Balanced connection to console via DB-25 (cutting DB-25 snake in half and soldering directly to patchbay sockets),
Ha! I'm planning to do the same thing for my AD/DA converter that has I/O on DB25 connectors.

Back